Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished Next3D v1.1, it took a bit longer than I expected! :) Anyway, it's almost on the same level as NextGL v1.6. It's just missing a couple of things
at the moment such as palettized textures (next version, I hope!) and the screen filters. But other than that, it's looking good :) I've been trying to work out the black box around the
texture problem, and it might have been fixed. If not try turining on the ZBuffer (under the screen options) to see if that helps. I'd like to know if this issue was resolved!

Here are the changes:
- Thanks to Snake785, I've fixed some really annoying configuration problems. Next3D's configuration should now work with ePSXeCutor, PCSX, etc. A bad get window call and out of order configuration loading was at the root of this problem.
- Added the DMA chain overflow fix as in NextGL v1.6
- Added the semi transparency fix as in NextGL v1.6
- Added all types of free dimension rectangle primitives
- Added all types of 1x1 rectangle primitives
- Added all types of 1x1 sprites (they don't actually draw anything)
- Added all types of 8x8 rectangle primitives
- Added all types of 16x16 rectangle primitives
- Now using the DX8.1 SDK
- Fixed GPU status command 0 (reset) as in NextGL v1.6
- Applied a small fix to the resolution change routine as in NextGL v1.6
- Now accounting for different types of flat and G-Shaded lines as in NextGL v1.6
- Applied the polyline fix found in NextGL v1.6
- Added the command buffer overflow fix as in NextGL v1.6
- Hardware vertex processing is now only available if your video card supports hardware T&L vertex clipping. This should fix some clipping problems on video cards such as the GeForce 2 MX.
- Added VScreen dimension finding code from NextGL v1.6
- Taking screenshots is not yet supported, so the feature does not work yet.
- Added the (slow) "only screen writes" scanline mode. I didn't remove it because at this point it would take more work than I want to put into it :)
- Added double scanlines
- Added a "use ZBuffer" option. For older video cards that don't display textures properly, if not using the ZBuffer (the default) gives you this problem, turn this option on and see what happens. (Tell me if it works or not, please :) It only uses a 16-bit ZBuffer by default.
- Moved over large portions of code from NextGL v1.6 bringing the basic texture caching structure up to date! This includes the new palettized texture cache code! :)
- Phew! Finally fixed all of thoes stupid bugs :p Sorry, I don't have time to add the rest of the palettized texture code. I'll do that first thing next version! :)
- Added auto adjusting color depth in windowed mode.
- Added detection to see if a video card can render in a window or not.
- Updated the "dump plugin info" to include the new texture types.
* You can now select between these texture types: Autodetect, 16bpp, or 32bpp
- Added texture page display info to the debug window. If you're having a texture related problem, please send all 3 numbers with your problem report (in the same order that they're presented.)

Download!

C U :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by prafull
Finally,
I was online to download this one from an hour and half. Thanks for releasing it.Lets see how it works out.:)
Hmm, I didn't know you were watching and waiting :)
When I say "soon" you should always add 1 or 2 hours onto the estimation... :p

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm,
Epsxe has caused an error in gpu next3d.dll
Try restarting your computer
Same error in adripsx.

In text window it says-- create device : failed.
Make sure you have DX8.1 installed, since I'm using the DX8.1 SDK now. You should download it if you haven't, there's no risk as far as I can tell :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by NickK

Make sure you have DX8.1 installed, since I'm using the DX8.1 SDK now. You should download it if you haven't, there's no risk as far as I can tell :)
Ok,I was using dx 8.That install will take some time.Enjoy your vacations in the mean time.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ok,I was using dx 8.That install will take some time.Enjoy your vacations in the mean time.
Certantly! :)
If the plugin doesn't fix your problem try using ZBuffering, if that doesn't work send me the 3 texture numbers that are found in the text output window to my e-mail address. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I hope you are enjoying your vacations.

I have some bad news .It didnt worked out.I downloaded dx 8.1 and the emu ran but the plugin still gives the same black box problem.I tried zbuffer option but it doesnt help either.

The three numbers you asked for are 41,25,25.

Dont worry about it,vacations are more important.:)

I am also mailing you this.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL
good thing whew i already downloaded the dx8.1 is that the reason why u download the dx8.1 prafull??
Yes,that was the reason.(I said that in directx 8.1 evil thread as well).
Neway its always nice to try even if it doesnt comes off the way you want.May be in next version.;)

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by ryu_joko
so, what the 'best' setting for voodoo3 3k ?
cuz, i'm having just a solid gray colour.
thanx
Stick to Lewpy's Glide if you have a Voodoo Card. They perform much better with Glide than D3D or OpenGL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts