Next Generation Emulation banner

Next Version

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Neojag 
#1 ·
Hailz!
Jes want to know when is the new version of epsxe coming :)
Oh, and BTW, why was PSemu Pro discontinued? Is it still better than epsxe?
Thks in advance

#7 · (Edited)
Originally posted by Enigma1982
ePSXe is going well
It is first emulator which support Sony Playstation Analog Controller.
it no update in long time.Hope it not daed yet.

ummm, it's not been long since it was updated........You can't expect a release every other week....one every 3 months, considering the amount of work that goes into it, would be surprising.

Errrrr, that didn't come out right. I meant that as much as it improves from release to release. I didn't mean to insinuate that little effort was going in.

G
#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay guys, I just went through this in General Discussion, but here it is again. Duddie and Tratax were the original and AFAIK the only aothors of PSEMU PRO. It was they that devised the plugin system to allow different plugins to be written and used. Anyway, they had just come out with a beta version of their latest release and they sent out to the beta testers who tested it for them. One of these testers was someone who called himself Strider and he was a personal friend of theirs. They thought they could trust him, but he took it upon himself to leak (give out) the beta copy of PSEMU PRO to the emulation community against their wishes.:mad: This so disgusted and saddened them that they immediately stopped all work on PSEMU PRO, thus killing it. PSEMU PRO was an awesome emulator for it's day, it played many game accurately, w/good sound and in 3d. If it had been continued, one can only imagine where it would be today.
But one good thing did come of this, Diddie gave his permission for the plugin system to be used by other emulators so we are able to have ePSXe and Adripsx today.
There you have it, the story of what happened to PSEMU PRO, sad isn't it?:(
sincerely,
sx/amiga

#16 ·
Yeah, it is sad. If you think about it, epsxe is sort of like a continuation of it, sort of. They both use the plugin system. I wonder what it would of been like today.

By the way, thanks for the story. I've been wondering what had happened.

G
#20 ·
Yes, it is very sad and it is to bad that there are people like that around. But instead of wanting to kill him, pity him. He was so naieve and foolish that he didn't even realize or care what he was doing.:mad: To me, that is a very sorry person.:(
Carnage179, yes, in a way ePSXe is a continuation of PSEMU Pro and a fine tribute to that great emulator. Let us hope that no one ever pulls anything like that on the ePSXe team. I sure don't want to lose ePSXe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.