Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guess on whats going to be included in the NEXT ePSXe? I think better speed and compaitibilty. Thats what i hope at least. What do you guys think?

S

·
0 Posts
The games compatability increase is a definate. Galtor, himself, stated that they are working on this and that it takes a long time to do. Sound is also being worked on, ie: the internal SPU. They are working on better sound emulation (speech? hopefully?) and fixing the crash bug that the SPU has w/DD Help. Other than these two items, what else is coming is still unknown. We'll just have to wait and see.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe support for the soon to be coming cyberpad? hopefully, but i would like to see speed and compatibilty fixed first .

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I made a thread about 3 or more weeks ago in the epsxe section.It had a subject called Modification in EPSXE 1.3

In that thread Gator himself said that he was working on the compatability,Demo on Speed and Calb on sound inmprovements.

So the next release would be a bit late bout there would be the ultimate features in it.That would make EPSXE the uncomparable emulaot in the world.It is still uncomparable.

Ali
M.L.A

C

·
0 Posts
Compatibility has increased, how much, I cannot exactly say, because I don't really remember =P

A few games with sound troubles have been fixed as well...

As for speed, I don't know, as everything's always fast on my box ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would like very much that the dx8 nasty bug be fixed. I don't know why, but it crashes ePSXe, but with Dx7a it doesn't crash. This is the only thing that I want in the next version.

C

·
0 Posts
I heard that it was worked on, but I don't know if it was resolved, yet.

I can't test, I run NT5 SP2, not 9x...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Yeah, more support of weird music types would be nice. Other than that and support for a couple more games, there really isn't much left to do...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to add my opinnion here.
For people who are whining for more speed, buy a faster system! But problems like skipping sound cannot always be fixed with fast cpu and there is only a little difference in sound cards performance. Speed is good but people think that sound is not important, if it skips you turn it off and be happy. But when it is a little graphics glitch you come here and say "fix this now, i can't see FFIX's GF spell effects particles on the upper right corner" or something like that. All i'm trying to say is that sound comes last in lists what people want. if you want speed buy a new cpu, mboard, graph card. Compatability must be a hard task to achieve, but well worth it. Great to hear that ePSXe team has been working on that. And even greater to HEAR that sound is also improving (or at least worked on ;)). But anyway They do what they want and we are *very* happy with that ... great emu!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Even though you don't see it very often on these boards, most people want improved sound. Heck, I'd settle for weird looking atari graphics if the music in PSX games was perfect.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts