Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"There ware so much spam messages went into my email box, so I have deleted the contact email account and created a new one, it is now ROT13 twisted so you need to figure out it yourself how to reach me!
I was busying on my new job recently and I did not work on this emulator project for several months. Hopefully I can have time working on it soon. Thanks!"
(neonds author)

NeonDS | NDS (Nintendo DS) emulator

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Try again ShadowPlayer...it was a quote from the site....dreampeppers99 is not the author...

It is great to hear from Orz again though.

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
excellent to hear the news
I am very sure, Orz will develop this emu quickly AND accurately

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Great news but this emulator is making very fast progress ? He isn't working on it at all.. He did not touch it at all... not yet.

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
what u say is that for every release there is a big leap... if i am not mistaken, it took him 2 or 3 releases to get excellent results on 2d and then 2 more releases and 3d was done well
That's what I call Fast

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
what u say is that for every release there is a big leap... if i am not mistaken, it took him 2 or 3 releases to get excellent results on 2d and then 2 more releases and 3d was done well
That's what I call Fast
Well, keeping in mind that he read desmume renderers, and he took over 1.5 years to have the emulator on that state (if I recall correctly, he worked on it 10 months before the first release), it's the usual time span for emulation development.

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
Since the reply was from shash... no comments
I agree that Desmume is an excellent project and that Orz has learnt from it but still... to have the will to start a project knowing that the ppl can bug u which IMHO, i think shash has been greatly affected and angry on

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
(...) i think shash has been greatly affected and angry on
Why should I be angry about NeonDS? I'm not at all, more emulators the better. I'm not angry at all about NeonDS, don't speculate about something you don't know. In fact, NHervé and me used it to find some bugs on desmume, so it has proven ourselves useful and a good measuring method about how fast we should get the emulator to.

I just happen to hate made up information: more when it's not true like your latter post. I stated the bare facts without any subjectivity, nothing else. If you read the forums and check Orz posts, you'll see that I don't lie.

Please read a bit before posting such nonsense in the future, that type of big fat made up lies DO in fact angry me.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
people seem to think there is this big competition thing going on and that somehow new versions of an emulator should make the other authors jealous/annoyed about the whole thing. We are a community, we are here for each other, we respect other authors, we dont treat them as enemies because they make the same thing we do, this isnt a business, there is no competition resulting in loss of earnings or anything, its a hobby which we enjoy as a community.

the sooner people get this in their heads the better :p

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Actually, I think ShakirMole referred to Shash being annoyed by people mailing him(know the usual rant "Why doesn't XXXXXX game work!?!?!?". Simply add a couple more exclamation signs and some bad grammar in there).

That specially makes sense, seeing how he already had to change his mail address due to it.

And of course, this is great news for everyone.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
I'm wondering why is NeonDS so fast. Is it using a dyanrec ?
probably due to lack of sound and incomplete emulation of the 3d core. things which are incomplete tend to run quicker as it has less code to run through, less to process.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Yeah. The best (most powerful) viruses are the ones under 500 bytes of code....they can replicate far faster then other types

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
Sorry about that Shash
U misunderstood me... i said ppl get on yer nerves and not NeonDS
Obviously I know what i said may have got u angry but don't get me wrongly, I didn't mean u getting angry on NeonDS or Orz

Infact I remember the time when on yer site, comments came about why some games were not working and other ppl said it really annoys u

It would seem also Refraction misunderstood me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts