Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
News queue

Items requiring publication (from oldest to most recent, ideally with proper dates for behind schedule items). a number of these have been in submissions:

[Posted] neoDS 0.2.0 (neogeo emulator on the DS)
[wtf?] ideas 1.0.2.4 (win and linux) <-- already is posted?
[wtf?] LLC PSP emu (submission) <-- not really worth posting ...
[Posted] SAM (new psp emulator by actarus, who made the paula audio plugin for ideas)
- daedalus r14 beta (submission)
- desmume mod 3 from Nherve (thread)
[Posted] SSF 0.09 beta R2 (was R3 meanwhile ...)
[Posted] memcardrex 0.7
[Posted] truereality 0.6.2
- xebra (latest)
[Posted] mupen64plus v1.4
[Posted] gsdx 1.8 released
[Posted] New pad plugin from gabest, Xpad 0.1.0
[Posted] spu2ghz 1.9r2 beta
[Posted] pcsx2 rev 377
- PK201 , a new pocketstation emulator by dr hell (maker of xebra)
[Posted] glide64 for widescreen (sub)
[Posted] VBA-M 577 uploaded a minute ago (thread)

B

·
0 Posts
I'm posting things now, but our database is so heavily outdated that it takes ages to update things everywhere. The PS2 plugin section needs some serious attentions for example when news are up to date.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
NeoDS 0.2.0 (a page was added for neods before, in console emus)
kellicross made a couple screenshots at the time, 2 could illustrate the update

v0.2.0 6/19/2008
* Key configuration
* Pause key
* Put DS to sleep when lid is closed
* Save SRAM and NeoDS configuration to flashcard
* Fix crash when switching roms on certain flash cards
* Fix palettte bank swap bug on tile layer (metal slug 1 hud)
* Improve accuracy of vcounter, and vposition interrupts (fix freeze in Samurai Showdown 3, fix graphics in Blazing Star level 2, probly others)
* Fix issues when using dldi and slot2 ram from same flashcard (like supercard lite)
* Fix graphical corruption that occurs after a while when using slot2 ram

gabest released a new pad plugin XPad 0.1.0 in the same time as gsdx 0.1.8 (1st post in gsdx thread)
xpad 0.1.0 - Requirements: WinXP SP1+, XInput compatible controller (Xbox 360)

B

·
0 Posts
You can post that directly on the mainpage, not much harder than posting here :)

B

·
0 Posts
If you look at our classic system, we'd have to add a Wii button ... but with the AMAZING number of emus for the Wii so far (3?) and the Wii emus (0?) I doubt this makes too much sense ...

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
a visible button on the top wouldnt be indispensable. just the existence of an additional category would be nice, for categorisation purposes (or just lumping everything into Misc till Wii db is satisfyingly completed for addition of a visible button on top, then moving items, maybe). PC-based emulators not really indispensable to exist. The Linux-powered GP2X can't really get emulated on PC after all ;p
Wii scene for emulation looks more than promising lately

yabause has been getting wii support from the official cvs apparently, so official builds could be availalbe from the project's page (most/all credit to the yabause team), rather than a separate small effort by outsiders.

B

·
0 Posts
Got a point ... I'll add a category tomorrow so we can add content into this section without it actually being accessable through a button at the top!

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Agreed. If... or when we'll need to add a Wii section button, you can always get rid of the GP2X button.

*or*

Rename the Gamecube button to GC/Wii which would list both news categories (if thats possible).

edit: ohh and I swear I'll get back to posting stuff starting next week. :p I'll finally be working from home again.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
a remake of the top line would be cooler actually, but more if coming with a visual look update (only so many consoles can fit in a single long line after all, without differentiation unde rthe shape of visibly recognisable iconry)

would be cool to add a couple articles about how to juggle with PSP firmwares for homebrew emulation, for PSP and Wii. This would make coverage of PSP firmwares possible, since a fallback article about recovery procedures would exist (I have neither of these 2, so cant really write those. would be cool if others could).

Thoughts for additional articles:
- PSP: the firmwares detailled (list and versions)
- PSP: A specific article for Pandora's battery (how to unbrick PSP handhelds)
- Wii: the Twilight hack (how to enable homebrew on the Wii, and unlock the Homebrew Channle, needed for emulation on Wii)

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
discussed with bobrocked. content written by him, the only references used are the info itself (mostly from wiibrew). he'll edit his post a little for readability.
checked, everything looks alright (a fix to the nintendo update that broke the homebrew channel was found a couple days later btw, so its no longer an issue). only htmlization and file adding required now then, i suppose.

In this section or elsewhere?

see this post (a no$gba addon stealthily updated ;p):
http://forums.ngemu.com/1264106-post1.html

where to add? new utility category (for the no$gba addons, for instance)?

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thought of adding 2 items. comment?
if approved/fixed and im not online (taking my leave anytime now, probably 5 days on the road or so), feel free to publish these.

- "yabause and wii support" (see yabause's homepage). basically reminding that its the yabause folks who are making wii support possible, not others (who basically just make builds from the cvs, getting credit for the wii port, while wii support was and is the byproduct of the effort of the yabause folks). a reference link to bobrocks' thread about the twilight hack would be nice too ;) (till a proper htmlized version is added)

yabause.org said:
So we’ve been working on and off on a wii port. It’s really in an alpha state which is why it isn’t included in the main builds. That hasn’t stopped people from making their own builds, and honestly that isn’t an issue. But what is becoming an issue is that somehow people seem to be confused as to who wrote what and who to complain to when they obviously have problems.

So first of all, unless someone new out there has done some massive changes to the wii specific code, it’s still all work done by the Yabause team. Or more specifically, Romulo and myself(when in doubt, check the copyright lines at the top of the file). I’m looking at you wiibrew, QuickJump, and too many other sites to mention.

Now as for support, there is none. Unless the people who are releasing these unofficial builds want to do it.

- psp firmware 4.01 m33-2 (same as the one submitted by cyclonmaster, but another update was released since)
with a disclaimer about the risk of bricks, a reminder about not proceeding unless
not sure what to write about this one in particular, would be cool if someone could whip a paragraph about the item, that could be used for coverage.

edit: will post the missed queue later today, checking updates...

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
current queue items (first is the latest)

[strike]nherve hdd plugin incoming[/strike]
[strike]lxdream 0.8.4 [/strike]
pcsxtrace 1.5b
[strike]emucontrolcenter 0.9.8b bugfix release[/strike]
nulldc on psp (videos and prospects for psp and pandora)
lilypad 0.9.3
[strike]aes beta 6[/strike]
- demul 0.4.5???? (uncertain about the site. were there warez ??)
ssf 0.09 beta r4
vba-m 589 (skipped for now, since obsoleted)
[strike]jpsx tiny update[/strike]

btw, could this section be set as private as the others? everytime theres a new post, the threads show up in getnew and getdaily, though regular members cannot view the thread content

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
(...)

btw, could this section be set as private as the others? everytime theres a new post, the threads show up in getnew and getdaily, though regular members cannot view the thread content
I think I got it fixed now, would you confirm it for me?

As for news items, I think I -might- still have access to the mainpage :p I can't be posting new yet. However, if I do get free in a few days time, I might be able to assist you. Keep your fingers crossed though.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
cant say ;p guests have no more getdaily, and got me not test accounts ;p

edit: seems it's fixed

[strike]new: ideas 1.0.2.5 and plugins beta versions for linux[/strike]
[strike]upcoming items: grahams readying a release of the source code for jpsp (ps1 emulator in java)[/strike]

addition:
[strike] gsdx 1.9 [/strike]
[strike]- despertar del cementario v6 (psp unbricking app)[/strike]
[strike]- vba-m rev 595[/strike]

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
incoming:

- asus made a wiimote-like gampad for eeepc and eeebox (HID, so should also work with all PCs, good news. same time as the dolphin opensourcing. coincidence?)
Code:
 http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=12328
- dolphin svn 160 something
- reminder announcement about tshirt voting

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
oldest listed first, latest listed last.

- memcardrex 0.8
- maybe a support request for dxbx, along with a status update. they do seem to be on a roll.
- ideas 1.0.2.5 linux - final
- demul 0.5.6 wip
- cxbx wip update (shared by blueshogun96 on generalemu)
Code:
http://www.generalemu.net/forums/Cxbx-WIP-update-t-3151.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts