Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a quick question as too which is the newest M33 firmware for the psp1000? Workin on a freinds psp and think a firmware update may fix the issue.

EDIT - I already fixed the issue, his sister changed the cpu speed etc. on it and it didnt like it too much. so i changed it back. He was running the 5.00 M33-6 still would be handy to upgrade if there is one.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If he has access to a wireless router, he can update it by using the PSP's 'Update" icon. It won't download the latest official firmware but instead download and install the latest M33 CFW.

Currently, 5.00 M33-6 is the latest CFW by team M33. There's also 5.50 GEN-B if he's interested. Personally, I'm sticking with M33.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. This topic is rather old but didnt want to start a new thread on account for it being around the same issue. My friend still has the m33-6 and his psp keeps freezing its terrible. Before it would happen when he went into the cheat menu and stuff, or just randomly in game. But it progressed to the point where it would freeze right after turning on before hitting the psp menu.

So i was wondering whether there was a way to re-install the firmware in some way? while it was still workin for more than a minute i tried to update with a fresh download but it would not let me saying i have better or current frimware. I would prefer sticking with this but im not sure how

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Does he have any VSH plugins installed and in use? If so, he may need to try turning some/all of them off and then turning them back on one by one until the problem plugin presents itself.

If that doesn't work, he may need to re-flash the ID1 section section of his firmware. There's an easy way to do this, but I can't remember how it was done. If plugin issues aren't the problem, then I'll go ahead and look into re-flashing/reinitializing ID1 for you.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. Wondering if i can ask a favor, not really sure what the default settings should be. kinda figured them out but rather be positive (not my psp was changed when i got it)

But i did try that, kinda wierd, but a setting i changed may have been one of the issues. I read how to use iso and cso from the mem card on a random psp forum (easier for testing, umd door is busted) But i had it on the M33 driver for the "UMD ISO MODE" and i changed that, it hasnt really froze, but the cheats menu comes out F'd up. im not too sure. Workin i guess.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Are cheats built in to M33-6? I remember cheats were provided via VSH plugin.

Well, if that's the case, try looking for a more up-to-date cheat enabler or reinstall it. (the config file for the plugin may have become corrupted)

ISO mode *shouldn't* be causing problems, but I keep it at "Normal" and Video Mount to "None".

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hm. It was built into the m33-6 i beileve. All i get in the M33 VSH Menu by hitting select is as follows

CPU Clock XMB Default
Cpu Clock Game Default
USB Device Memory Stick
UMD iso mode Sony NP9660 (i switched to from the m33, stoped ISO Video mount None freezing for now)

Thats all i get. Nothing else in the menu to change.

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
Are cheats built in to M33-6? I remember cheats were provided via VSH plugin.

Well, if that's the case, try looking for a more up-to-date cheat enabler or reinstall it. (the config file for the plugin may have become corrupted)

ISO mode *shouldn't* be causing problems, but I keep it at "Normal" and Video Mount to "None".
you can use cheats for psp and psx games using cwcheat

I wouldn't use 5.50 GEN-B it has less compatibility than 5.00 m33-6 and slower memory stick pro duo access.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well. i had a very very big issue. It started freezing on me again, and i figure i tried what i could think of and decided to downgrade the firmware with hellcat recovery or w/e its called. So i go and get the program which uses the official 3.71 and installs the m33 3.71. So i tried it. Exactly how the instructions say, and it seemed like it downgraded just fine. But then it restarts and now it goes and will not get past the opening, it plays the black sony screen then going to the backround with the time and battery shows but then it freezes before the menus display, at the same point everytime. All before then tho, the VSH menu can be accessed with the select button until it freezes. Any ideas? i dont have a pandora handy at all. Is there any kinda safe mode without one?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Safe mode: Hold down 'R' immediately after turning it on.

Advanced > Format Flash1 and reset settings

You'll have to re-enter your username, network settings, date/time, etc. but it should work afterward.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well. An update on my whole psp situation. Just got back from camping and was working on the psp today. I narrowed down the problem to the faceplate/pressure. I got the 5.00m33-6 firware installed, was playing a game for a few and decided to put the faceplate back on (have to hold down joystick area or it loses connection) But i put the screws in and it starts freezing again. Not good. And narrowed it down, took them out one by one and left with the top right (facing the lcd, like holding) screw that holds the face plate above the Sq. Tri. Cir. And X buttons, with no screws and no pressure just the rubber pads to hit buttons and squeezing the psp to the pressure it would normally have in the area and it freezes. Without it it plays completely fine though. Any ideas before i take it apart?

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Im sorry, i was lookin at it backwards :lol: it was actually the top left from the face, over the arrows. Confused myself for a minute. Just putting pressure on that area without the cover will make it freeze

Edit, sorry i hit post instead of edit, noob mistake.
And to recreate the freezing from pressing down, in the dead center of the arrows a little pressure makes it freeze

Edit 2: well. I just took out the screw holding the arrow pad down, and put it back it (it was uber tight before) and it seems to have stopped its freezing. in the first testing stages will see what happens

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Edit 3: Well. I took it apart, and having that upper board attached wothout the botton thingy, if any pressure is applied down it freezes. So i think there may be a tiny little fracture on the board somewhere, or broken solder. Any ways of fixing? or where can i get a replacement for the board?

(Again i screwed up on the edit button, im sorry, if we ahd delete it would be handy)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.