Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! please help im very new to all this & have downloaded various psx emulators. The one i am closest to getting working is PSEmu Pro1. I have the bios and pecv-141 plugins. However, when I click run disk the screen goes black fo a mo' and then closes. I run windows ME & have vitually no experience in this type of thing! Please be gentle with me! hee hee hee Thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
errr...... call me dumb but i can only see a front end under epsxe & I'm not really sure what that is!!! (please tell me like I'm a 2yr old!!):confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool done that & downloaded pete's plugins but it tells me there are some 'important GU plugins missing HELP!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by zomby 101
PLEASE HELP!!!!! hee hee hee:cry:
May I suggest reading the documentation that came with ePSXe? I mean, honestly, at this point I have no idea what your problem is.

To give you a brief overview, to run ePSXe you need the following plugins:
1. A GPU plugin (Pete's or whoever's is good)
2. A Sound plugin (ePSXe has an internal sound plugin, but Eternal gives you the best quality at the expense of performance)
3. a CDROM plugin (ePSXe has an internal cdrom plugin)
4. A BIOS - well you got that already.

Now, once you have all that, configure and set it up properly... then it should run no problem.

·
Registered
81 Posts
More simple, follow those steps :

1 - Download ePSXe, a bios and the lastest plugins pack from http://www.aldostools.com/index2.html

2 - Unzip the contents of the plugins pack in the plugin directory where ePSXe is located.

3 - Put the bios in the bios directory where ePSXe is locates.

4 - Run ePSXe, and use the Wizard Giude in the Config menu.

5 - When all the configuration are done, close ePSXe and restart it. Put a CD in your CDROM and select File --> Run CD-Rom

6 - If anything is wrong then cry! :cry:

Advice : GFX suggestion : Kakuzza's Soft GPU
CDROM suggestion : Pete's
SOUND suggestion : ePSXe Core

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:cry: I am really ctying here!!!
I have done as you giuys have suggested many times now and the slosest I can get is with it working in terms of sound and a bit of the picture! the central part only- also in the wizzard it always tells me the cd-rom needs to be configured but it never remembers that i've done it! could I be getting a fault from download ordo I need a particular setting in the graphics section?
p.s the main game that I am trying it with is Oddworld has anybody ever heard of these kind of problems?:confused:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Do you have any more games? Like Final Fantasy! I'll happly help u to get that one to work.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Also. Place your PC specs! You don't have them in your profile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok I only have one other game- Carmageddon, I have druon 800, 128 ram & prosavage graphics with ME
anything else I dont know but tell me & I'l see if I can find out!
p.s. I am close to giving up now I have been trying for three days now -many many hours!!! :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ohh just thought I use a combo dvd/cdrw does that help explain anything? I didnt mention this earlier as i have the demo for bleem which works fine (except the sound is disabled!)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

There is a CDR plugin made by Pete that has an Auto Detect feature that will place the best settings for either the DVD or CDRW drive you are using.... as far as particulars.... This GUIDE was made for you....It uses a frontend program called EPSXEcutor...You will find everything you need there as well...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts