Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for such a newbie question but a question is a question. Well here it goes: I've downloaded all the necessary components to run the the ePSX. I've unzipped all of the components and done everything but whenever I try to run the video config, there would be no options for me to choose. I already put in the gpete155 file but nothing happened.Somebody help! whats wrong or what am I missing?

P.S

I have an nVIDIA/TNT2 32mb video card.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
are you sure you unzipped the plugins in the plugins folder?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you make sure to unzip the plugin files to the plugin folder?
If you did, I would try downloading a different video plugin or the same one from a different source.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Well, you did unzip it using Winzip, but did you unzip it into a folder called "plugins"? Say you have epsxe in c:\epsxe, then the GPU, SPU, and cdrom plugins all go to c:\epsxe\plugins.... that's what you did right?

If you downloaded *one* zip file that included ALL the plugins and the executable, make sure you unzip it with the "Use folder names" option, otherwise it won't work.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
that's weird. well, try using the wizard then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*sniff**sniff*

unzipped,downloaded,put in the right folder...looks like I did all the things but something seems to be missing. hmmm..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hmm... interesting.... I'd like to check this further.... Can you do the following things:
1. Post a screenshot of the directory structure of your ePSXe folder?
2. Post a screenshot of the configuration window (where you can't see anything)
3. (this shouldn't matter, but it might come up later) you do have the BIOS right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnxs!

Hmm the problem seemed to be the misplacement of the folder.
I deleted it and unzipped it into the plugins folder like Kairi00 told me to do. It worked. hehehe:) Thanks!
I would of posted the screenshot but now it works fine...until another question pops up.
Well thanks for all those people who helped me solve this question!

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Interesting. I never knew ePSXe needed runtime dlls....

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
Interesting. I never knew ePSXe needed runtime dlls....
I remember pete saying something about it.. His gpu pluggins wont show up in the video config without them.. I don't know if epsxe also requires them, but petes pluggins do..

·
Transcended
1,414 Posts
Nope. ePSXe by itself doesn't need the runtime libraries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts