Next Generation Emulation banner

NEWB NUB OR NOOB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point... I did not think of that one. Humm I guess you are in the count for that incase you are wondering this is for my school paper. I have to condcut a pol with atleast 10 votes so Im really just doing this for a grade..

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
nub. I grew tired of all of them, except for n00b (with the moooo sound) when I'm pissed.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
n00b of course. Newb is sooo 1999.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Despite contrary belief, I use them situationally.

Newb: When I'm chatting in a friendly manner to a friend thats struggling.

N00b/Noob: When I'm chatting to someone I don't like who's struggling.

Nub: When I'm having a laugh with people about something stupid... usually during one of the regular Chuck Norris vs Vin Diesel conversations in Barrens chat (god I hate those, I wish the convo would just finish).

And while we're on the subject of Nub. Is it pronounced as newb or like as though it rhymes with club (unless you pronounce club as cloob). I keep hearing the latter whenever I go to a net cafe.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I use n00b... Why you ask me?

Because that's how they taught me, here at emuforums :p

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
I call them arseholes

"I'M SURROUNDED BY ARSEHOLESS!"

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
nub.

n00b, newb are both nub words. Its more like "LOLZ I jus learneded leet speek n00bs!!"

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
newbe!

Though all are correct, I think n00b is the most commenly used.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is for my High School newspaper. I had to find a word that was spelled or used differently by people according to their area. Then I had to poll atleast ten people on which way they use it. So thanks guys you got me a 25 out of 25 YAY.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.