Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name: Server2003
Version: 0.1
Compatability: Windows Server 2003 (Recommended), Windows XP, Windows 2000, (Taskbar Issues with Windows ME and Windows 98, although still can be used).

Server2003 is a WindowBlinds skin for Windows Server 2003 although it can be used on other platforms aswell. It uses the same design as the Original Default Windows XP Skin, But Greyed for blending in with Server 2003.

Download Here.

Download it and tell me if you like it or not. Also report bugs and I already know of a few :D.

If anyone prefers StyleXP, the port is here. Click the above link to download it.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Screenshot? Port it to a visualstyle please, uxtheme > all.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Screenshots below. I'll get the necessary programs and make a port (I'll try :D.)
EDIT: OK I finished the port. Testing....

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
looks like the default theme but grey, which is a theme i downloaded about 2 years ago from themexp.org (and i dont use it because it's so generic). also, it appears that there is a little hole in the theme next to the start bar (you can see green peeking).

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh. OK Thanks I will fix that in the next build.

By the way, The StyleXP Port is finished.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Um.. ugh?

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol..

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Ack thats just a horrible hack of luna. Sounds like a good submission for themexp.org though.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hack? Lol it's no hack. It just uses the Luna Shellstyle.dll by default.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, my ass. Dirty pirate. Who in their right mind would even load WindowBlinds on their server? It'd be like throwing a giant pile of bricks in the trunk of your car. Absolutely useless unless your intent was to go slower.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, my ass. Dirty pirate. Who in their right mind would even load WindowBlinds on their server? It'd be like throwing a giant pile of bricks in the trunk of your car. Absolutely useless unless your intent was to go slower.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

No offence but when people say "windows server 2003" you dont have to go off like a smoking gun. I know its usually not the case, but comon lets give them the benefit of the doubt and let the microsoft piracy department handle it?

GCFreak said:
Hack? Lol it's no hack. It just uses the Luna Shellstyle.dll by default.
I meant it looks like you took luna and colored it grey using microsoft paint.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Reichfuher said:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

No offence but when people say "windows server 2003" you dont have to go off like a smoking gun. I know its usually not the case, but comon lets give them the benefit of the doubt and let the microsoft piracy department handle it?
Those note that they are a trial version in the bottom right corner of the screen, which is missing from his screenshots.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Samor said:
Doesn't matter anyways, does it?
It's not like he's saying "lookit imma using pirate windoze lolz" =P
The whole premise of this thread was moronic from the beginning, because...

1. Very few home users legitimately run Win2K3 as a desktop OS due to its heavy cost.
2. As I said before, nobody in their right mind would install WindowBlinds on an actual server (the OS's intended use).
3. He apparently created this skin explicitly for Win2K3.
4. The skin is nothing but a substandard recoloring of Luna.

So, this whole thread serves no other purpose than to provide a ****ty skin to users of Win2K3 that utilize it as a desktop OS, which suggests they likely didn't obtain it legitimately in the first place.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
The whole premise of this thread was moronic from the beginning, because...

1. Very few home users legitimately run Win2K3 as a desktop OS due to its heavy cost.
2. As I said before, nobody in their right mind would install WindowBlinds on an actual server (the OS's intended use).
3. He apparently created this skin explicitly for Win2K3.
4. The skin is nothing but a substandard recoloring of Luna.

So, this whole thread serves no other purpose than to provide a ****ty skin to users of Win2K3 that utilize it as a desktop OS, which suggests they likely didn't obtain it legitimately in the first place.
points taken.... it does indeed seem kinda pointless.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
:O. I just made a WindowBlinds/StyleXP skin and people are giving me crap posts about piracy? If you don't like my skin, Tough. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I still have the legitimate cds of the OS My Grandma gave me for christmas. I can even take a photo of it and show you if you wish. But since it was a gift, I don't know where it came from. :O. By the way, It's not the evaluation version. It's the legitimate Enterprise edition.

@Flare85: (About the Activation thing) It's not there because I already activated it.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
334 Posts
I myself don't give two flying dimes worth a damn about the legitimacy
of your OS but what I am curious about is what are you using to modify the luna skin. I personally would not use the theme myself since it still has the luna look to it but there are probably those out there who may find the skin appealing. I have respect for skin authors in general and I'm not trying to put down your work at all I just stated whether or not I would use it plus I can't fully critize anyone's work since I'm not a theme skinner and only have a small idea the task it must be to create/modify a skin.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
GCFreak said:
:O. I just made a WindowBlinds/StyleXP skin and people are giving me crap posts about piracy? If you don't like my skin, Tough. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. I still have the legitimate cds of the OS My Grandma gave me for christmas. I can even take a photo of it and show you if you wish. But since it was a gift, I don't know where it came from. :O. By the way, It's not the evaluation version. It's the legitimate Enterprise edition.

@Flare85: (About the Activation thing) It's not there because I already activated it.
Your grandmother gave you a $4,000 operating system for Christmas? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.