Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
lol...wont even comment XD, I already saw a 7 page review on the real windows vista and they didn't mention anything about security just how many things they copied from mozilla firefox, and from linux =)

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Well it's no suprise that will they restore to that, seeing how everyone is b!tching about windows/IE not having linux/firefox features :rolleyes:

Yours,
-E

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Haha, Windows Vista.

To me that thing seems to be nothing more than what Windows XP is: A prettier, more unstable version of Windows 2000 with more features to hunt down and disable.

Of course, I didn't really read up on much of it. But it's beginning to look that way.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Is this.... all??? oO

Nice option, 'revert to original' when you're editing pictures, yet I prefer to save disc space instead of having every file on my computer twice.

And it's not like I am waiting for even more animations on my desktop, bah...

I guess one smiley says it all for me: :yawn:

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Haha, those videos are so true. Windows certainly improves between versions, but the features are never original. Even going back to mouse implementation, mac had it first because they turned down the person who tried to sell it to M$.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
i want "Windows Simple Edition" where all those security and services that you really don't need are totally taken out. I have them turned off but then stuff dosen't work and arghhh its a nightmare. And the registry, wasn't that a good idea that keeps getting worse and worse (so much junk). I want a windows where it basically runs with my network sound and video and anything else is purly optional. BTW: they say windows vista will be a system killer.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
BTW: they say windows vista will be a system killer.
Duh... just look at all the flashy stuff in the videos. Personally I don't care about all those animations, they just distract me from what's important, I hope there's a simple option to turn them off.

Some time ago I heard Vista needed a Shader Model 2 compatible video card to run? Is this still a requirement?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yay for classic mode!

All that looks exactly like a Mac although I can already see myself turning off all those animations and junk and going to classic mode. Hopefully (I know it probably won't happen tho) it will be more memory efficient, stable and harder to get infect by spyware or viruses. But no I am not impressed....
I dunno where people get the idea that having icons as big as your screen and lots of glossy windows makes an OS better.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
LOL, whow that was funny! At the very bigginning was like WTF hes on a mac, but then was like OOOOOooooooooooooooooo, I Get IT!

EDIT: Hey anyone know where I can get those videos and download them, like not in the stupid flash format? And maby a bit higher quality?

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Viper_Viper said:
Hey anyone know where I can get those videos and download them, like not in the stupid flash format? And maby a bit higher quality?
http://homepage.mac.com/lasolas/.Public/real_vista_ep1_h264.mov

http://homepage.mac.com/lasolas/.Public/real_vista_ep2_h264.mov

http://homepage.mac.com/lasolas/.Public/real_vista_ep3_h264.mov

.mov unfortunately so I can't test them on this system but I assume they work.

Vista just looks horrible anyway, way to system heavy and I just think it would be a lot slower for someone like me who uses the keyboard for navigation more than the mouse. On top of that it just looks ugly, if there isn't some fastastic security or gaming related reason to get it I think I'll just stick with XP.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Thanks, these look great! Just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
All that flashy icons and whatnot is one of a few reasons I don't care for MacOS. I'm not too worried about how it'll run on my system though. I'll most definately use Classic mode if available. I'm sure it will be available, because I'm sure many people will want it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.