Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, 25, dies after using Wii Fit machine | The Sun |News

A MAN of 25 collapsed and died moments after playing Nintendo Wii Fit games.

Labourer Tim Eves had been jogging on the spot as he used the machine in his home. Then he keeled over in front of his girlfriend Emma Tuck and best pal Lewis Hickin. Emma, 26, and Lewis, 25, tried desperately to revive him but he was declared dead on arrival at hospital despite the efforts of paramedics.

Tim, a scout leader who enjoyed cycling, fishing and playing drums in a rock band, had been fit and well. The tragedy happened the day he got home to Hopton-on-Sea, Norfolk, after visiting parents Alan and June in Portugal to celebrate his mum’s 50th birthday.It is believed he might have been a victim of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

June said: “We spoke to him on the phone when he was playing the Wii. He told us he had just ordered himself a kebab and was sitting there with a glass of port. A little while after he collapsed.”

Shocked Emma said: “I love Tim loads and will miss him so much.”
A new trend in killer games? :rolleyes:

·
band
4,912 Posts
This is actually quite sad. Videogames aside, in my highschool we had a student die while playing basketball in a competition. Sudden Adult Death syndrome is actually quite a nasty killer.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Actually it is a secret device inside of Wii that sends a signal that is interpreted by the brain as a stroke. It's a death signal created by nintendo. I'm serious. In the beggining I thought it was only a joke, but people are actually dying playing Wii.

Like Irukapooka said it is a conspiracy.. But it is a japanese conspiracy to kill westerns.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The notion of fat and skinny defining health was killed awhile back Irukapooka :p
I'm decently big. Not "omg that dude is fat!!", but big. However, I usually eat healthy and I exercise regularly, usually 5-6 times per week I hit the gym. I'm very fit and I most often show other gym people up when it comes to cardio endurance. And yet I carry some extra weight.

I know plenty of people who don't exercise at all, eat whatever they want, and are skinny as a rail. A big part of body shape is genetics. I do what I do for my health, and my heart. If I lose weight in the process, awesome, but I'm not going to kill myself for the "perfect figure". I know I'll outlive a lot of my skinny, yet unhealthy buddies.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Now it came to me. A soccer player here in Brazil died from sudden death in the middle of a game. He simply died. In Europe too, a soccer player fell on his knees out of the blue and died. They were athletes, healthy people. Who knows what gives. Life is weird. Maybe Death with his scythe really exists. ;p

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Yeah...look at me. I've lost a good twenty pounds in the last little while cause I am sick. Just cause I'm skinny doesn't make me necessarily healthy. I'm very unhealthy and I hate it. If my body isn't in a lot of pain, I do like to exercise but the next day afterward I'm stuck in bed. Life isn't fair. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.