Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new USB to PSX cable that supports Force Feedback (rumble) is out. It is called KIKY-joy and it is manufactured by SOYO (the mom board maker). I picked one up at Fry's Electronics last night and I tested it w/ePSXe today. It works perfectly, including the rumble function. I have my configuration set like this: mode-Digital/Analog, type-Direct-X, Big Motor-Constant, and Small Motor-constant. I tested it w/Ms. PacMan-Maze Madness and got good strong rumble w/it. The cost was $9.95 (US dollars). It is a snap to set up. Just plug in the cable, install the driver on the included CD, restart your PC (so windows can detect the pad), and you're set. I'm using a PSX Dual Shock controller, but it says that it also works w/the PS One controller and the PS2 controller as well. Imagine, ePSXe w/a PS2 controller. You can go over to www.soyo.com and pick your country to learn where to get it. If you go to products, you'll be able to find out all about it. I figured that people would be interested in this because it is a good, inexpensive way, to take advantage of ePSXe's "awesome" rumble feature.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
A new USB to PSX cable that supports Force Feedback (rumble) is out. It is called KIKY-joy and it is manufactured by SOYO (the mom board maker). I picked one up at Fry's Electronics last night and I tested it w/ePSXe today. It works perfectly, including the rumble function. I have my configuration set like this: mode-Digital/Analog, type-Direct-X, Big Motor-Constant, and Small Motor-constant. I tested it w/Ms. PacMan-Maze Madness and got good strong rumble w/it. The cost was $9.95 (US dollars). It is a snap to set up. Just plug in the cable, install the driver on the included CD, restart your PC (so windows can detect the pad), and you're set. I'm using a PSX Dual Shock controller, but it says that it also works w/the PS One controller and the PS2 controller as well. Imagine, ePSXe w/a PS2 controller. You can go over to www.soyo.com and pick your country to learn where to get it. If you go to products, you'll be able to find out all about it. I figured that people would be interested in this because it is a good, inexpensive way, to take advantage of ePSXe's "awesome" rumble feature.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
This one's not exactly new (infact I own one.) It's an OK adaptor, but you can't use the POV buttons in ePSXe yet... Also, the force feedback is really sketchy. It always just activates the controler for a fixed amount of time when any effect executes.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the information Nickk. I had never heard of this one until now. That is why I thought it was new. At least I get good rumble effects from it, unlike this other one I have. That one leaves your control pad in Analog mode all the time. No thanks, I perfer digital.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 3 of 3 Posts