Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those of you that haven't checked our SVN recently might want to take a look now : Dxbx change log

I'm rather pleased with myself, as I've been able to build a nice little XBE Explorer in just two nights (!) - see commits 506 - 510.

It's not completely done yet, but here's a few screenshots for you all to enjoy.

Please tell me what you think of this. I'm open to (reasonable) suggestions.

Edit : Some XBE's give errors while opening, I'm investigating this already. One cause is in my incomplete support for S3TC formats (DXT2 and up). Another is probably related with unassigned or out-of-bounds addresses. Rest assured this will be fixed soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those of you that haven't checked our SVN recently might want to take a look now : Dxbx change log

I'm rather pleased with myself, as I've been able to build a nice little XBE Explorer in just two nights (!) - see commits 506 - 510.

It's not completely done yet, but here's a few screenshots for you all to enjoy.

Please tell me what you think of this. I'm open to (reasonable) suggestions.

Edit : Some XBE's give errors while opening, I'm investigating this already. One cause is in my incomplete support for S3TC formats (DXT2 and up). Another is probably related with unassigned or out-of-bounds addresses. Rest assured this will be fixed soon.
So give us some ideas as to how this tool of yours is going to help you/xbox in general figure stuff out. Although I can see it give you a ton of info at your fingertips. Gratz on your achievements!!!

sbp

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So give us some ideas as to how this tool of yours is going to help you/xbox in general figure stuff out. Although I can see it give you a ton of info at your fingertips. Gratz on your achievements!!!

sbp
Good question!

I think anyone interested in the internals of an XBE can use this. For example, I'm planning to add a "Save As..." feature to a few viewers (like Images and other resources) which makes it a sort-of resource-ripper for XBE's (not my real intention, but what the heck). Other resources, like Bink video's, Audio samples, Bitmaps, are all begging for a viewer, so this could turn out to be quite the powerful tool.

For me personally, it's more a means to an end : If I ever want to build a XBE loader (see my previous posts on the subject), I'd better have a deep understanding of the format!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts