Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, quick question...Trying to run Gran Turismo 3 but on the Zero GS plugin the emulator just crashes. On GSdx SSSE3 it goes to the screen with Browser and configuration and im only allowed to check the memory cards which of course have nothing on them.

Thanx in advance, also if any other info is required I will be oblige

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well currently Im at work running it on my laptop, which is an Inspiron 1525 dual core 1.6Ghz 1gb ddr2 667(i think), Vista basic 32bit intel 965 express chipset for graphics.... while i was waiting my workmate brought his FFX and that worked, but Gran Turismo 3 refuses to work.

On the other hand my computer's specs are
biostar TA790GX 2+ mobo
AMD Athlone dual core 5200+ 2.7Ghz
PC 6400 DDR2 2gb
currently using onboard video..i have Nvidia 7300LE 512mb card knocking around
Vista Ultimate 64bit
640gb WD HDD

Now the computer refuses to save settings at all and doesn't run GT 3 either :(
All suggestions are welcome!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
ur kidding me aren't you. You wanna have burned processor chips for dinner?

As far as ur other pc is concerned you should not use ssse3 version as it is for intel's core2duo series. Read the guide first looks like you need to learn lotta things before using pcsx2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So ive gone through the guide, and as far as my laptop goes, I have pretty much the correct settings. I think it may be a problem with the iso i created from the disc *sigh*
For my comp i think the emulator doesnt like my computer lol

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Your laptop has a slow CPU and an unacceptable video "card".

For your home PC, you need a dedicated graphics card. That little 7300LE just isn't going to cut it. Also, you should be able to get it running using the SSE2 GSDX plugin. Don't expect any fantastic frame rates though. :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, the lappy seems to like FFX tho... in light of the PC i might have come across a graphics card. Just saw a guy selling a XFX 8500 GT Graphics Card on a forum here, i think that should be good

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
You might want to aim a little higher. The 8600GT/9600GT or an 8800GT/9800GT is more ideal for graphically demanding games.

FFX has shown to be quite friendly with many video cards though. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might want to aim a little higher. The 8600GT/9600GT or an 8800GT/9800GT is more ideal for graphically demanding games.

FFX has shown to be quite friendly with many video cards though. :)
noted, im not a Nvidia fan tho lol(controversy lol) i had my eye on the ATI 4830 for quite some time, but my car is being a <insert choice of expletives here> and not co-operating lol, so i'll be sure to get something higher than the 8500. Thanx for the help guyz:emb::emb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.