Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi emuforums!

so I've finally got myself a gamepad for my windows XP desktop, and now I was looking to play some PSX/PS2 Games on it.
I downloaded ePSXe and PCSX2 and am having problems with both of them. In here, of course, I'm going to stick with ePSXe questions.
So I've got God of War 1, Ive configured all the plugins like it's described in the guide on this forum and like the wizard config suggests, and I can start the BIOS fine.
However, as soon as I actually run the iso, I get a black screen in the ePSXe window, and the whole thing just stops responding - I have to kill the process on the taskmanager. I do get a "Pad 1" Image on the upper right corner, but nothing else.
I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times on here, but I couldnt find anything clicking through the threads, guides, FAQs and everything. What am I doing wrong?
I believe my system should be up to it:

AMD Phenom X4 920
4 GB DDR2-800 RAM (in XP, 3 GB used)
ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB
WinXP Pro SP3, all patched

any bit of help is highly appreciated, thanks a lot!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
well of course you are going to get a black screen, god of war is a PS2 game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL
**** I'm sorry, I've only played it at a friend's place and I always thought GoW1 = PS1 and GoW2 = PS2, just like GoW3 = PS3! I'm more the PC type of gamer, but GoW always stood out whenever you read about it or actually get to play it.

well then the case is closed.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
just use PCSX2, the game will run on that fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.