Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all. I downloaded PCSX2 yesterday evening, but I don't think i configured it right, as the two games i tried on it for a test run didn't play properly. The first game, Fantastic 4 runs the cut-scenes and audio properly, and all game menus appear as they should, but the actual gameplay is marred by red vertical lines running across the screen. The second game, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, displayed audio and visual issues (both would slow down and during the first cut-scene, the characters' eyes turned black/had weird shadowing). Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated.

FYIS:
-I actually was using the actual discs for the games, no downloaded games/ISOs
-Both games run as expected on the PS2 console. I'm only using the emulator to stream to Twitch.
-I'm using an HP Envy m7 Notebook, Windows 10 OS, RAM: 16384, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (10156 MB)Speakers: Conexant SmartAudio HD
-Let me know if any additional info is needed

·
Registered IT crowd
676 Posts
1 - use latest git version
2 - make sure hardware depth is enabled when using OGL renderer for Fantastic 4
3 - Nothing you can about J & D eyes
4 - enable mipmapping in gsdx options to get a speedboost in J & D

Keep in mind pcsx2 can be very demanding and expect some slowdowns with this laptop, though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - use latest git version
2 - make sure hardware depth is enabled when using OGL renderer for Fantastic 4
3 - Nothing you can about J & D eyes
4 - enable mipmapping in gsdx options to get a speedboost in J & D

Keep in mind pcsx2 can be very demanding and expect some slowdowns with this laptop, though...
For Fantastic 4, i found a solution when i accidentally brushed the F9 key. Red lines disappeared when I tapped it.
I'll try your suggestions on J&D in the morning, as it's storming now, and i'll probably lose my connection soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts