Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm kinda thinking that the current way in which spoilers are displayed and viewed isn't really that good. Note that you have to select all the text and, more importantly, it fails to work if there is something other then just plain text. Note that it fails with text in other colors or smileys and with pictures as well.

I've seen on a couple of other boards that spoilers are displayed in a different way, like this:

Spoiler: (Click to view)
and upon clicking "(Click to view)" a box appears below displaying the hidden content, ensuring that whatever the content was (videos, BBcode, pictures, smileys, colored text etc), remain hidden until the user desires to view it.

I think this would by much better to have here, since its easier as well as much more effective

Regards,
gamefreak94

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
I personally like spoiler modifications that allow for embedded spoilers, which is a spoiler within a spoiler, and allows you to embed images, Youtube, and other bbcodes within the spoiler..

In my view the click to view method is best as it hides emoticons and all text..

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
isn't that spoiler the default in a proper 3.7 template?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
VBSeo is a search engine extender for VB.

we are using 3.7.3, however the template is based on something like 3.5 or lower

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
>.< should make a new rule..... spoiler pyramids are against the rules.

·
Curiously Cheddar
4,521 Posts
I like it.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
do you want with an {option} or not? (option adds the "Spoiler for Bleh" text. No option would just say "Spoiler")
where the syntax would be
[spoiler2=What is Squall doing]Taking over the world.[/spoiler2]

heh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.