Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all , in the new pcsx2 r984 theres new speed hack " VU Cycle Stealing" It give a real Fps boost specially in god of war 2 u can get a stable 60 fps but the main character is fliking when the this speed hack is activated!
how can i fix this problem ?
thankx.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Speed hacks are just that - hacks. They use arbitrary methods of increasing speed that deviate from the way the hardware works. Depending on how the game is developed, a hack can cause undesirable results such as this. There's nothing you can do about that.

Edit: It even says such next to the option ("Very large speedup for 3D geometry, will break games in interesting ways.") Try reading sometime; it'll help you quite a lot, I'm sure!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It even says such next to the option ("Very large speedup for 3D geometry, will break games in interesting ways.") Try reading sometime; it'll help you quite a lot, I'm sure!
I know and its next of all other speed hack that we usually use and work perfectly :p
Its just an experimental hack and i ask for help to find a way to fix it or to find a better realese .

· Hentai Guy...
134 Posts
Using hacks not always speed up the game, sometimes it even slowing it down. Like in Kof3D, maximal performance gained by moderate VU Cycle Stealing, while using maximum VU Cycle Stealing and other hack ruin its fps. At least it happen to me...

· Registered
71 Posts
Are we allowed to get a compiled .exe of the beta sent to us by someone else, or is that against rules?

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Generally the Pcsx2 team and authors don't support those who download beta versions, also when someone posts on the forum for support for a beta build of Pcsx2 it isn't looked upon too greatly..

Pcsx2 betas aren't like it is with svn builds of Dolphin, nor is it treated the same way. While the Dolphin team doesn't mind that members are compiling and hosting/distributing builds of Dolphin, posting support threads on the forum, discussing beta/svn builds, you'll find that it isn't the same case with Pcsx2 builds.

Also it isn't allowed to post beta builds of Pcsx2 on the forum nor are you allowed to post where to download beta builds, nor are you allowed to link to beta builds of Pcsx2 on the forum unlike it is with Dolphin.

So unless you happen to stumble across somewhere that is offering beta builds, you'll just have to compile them yourself, just don't expect support on the forum regarding beta builds..

· Registered
71 Posts
If this new speed hack works well, it may pave the way for a PS3 emulator. When I get the money I am going to upgrade my computer to a crazy thing. I will donate and be a guinea pig for it.

· Human Troubleshooter
206 Posts
just try and test the new speedhack with EVERY game that you have, there are 3 levels of this hack that you can experiment on. For me, Downhill Domination PAL, got a HUGE speedboost, from 40fps to 100fps! Frame Limit on and it's 60fps all the time! Wow...

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Satanic666 keeps daily compiles on his live skydrive.

If this new speed hack works well, it may pave the way for a PS3 emulator. When I get the money I am going to upgrade my computer to a crazy thing. I will donate and be a guinea pig for it.

DON'T GO THERE.

please, if you don't want to be sent home crying, don't go there.

· -o-
264 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
yea in persona games i run at around 100fps and this one scene is like 50fps and the speed hack cuts me to down to 60fps and the one scene gets up to 60fps.... so i might not use the speed hack for persona games sense i like games running at 100fps and higher.

· Registered
113 Posts
The new speed hack indeed does crazy things. FFX-2 runs much slower, for example.

But the point of all these hacks is to help certain games run better that run poorly with the default configuration, that's why they're selectable. Hopefully we'll be able to save game-specific profiles one day, to save having to reconfigure for each game.

· Registered
179 Posts
With this speedhack, you must play with other speedhacks to find the sweetspot. Setting it too high will just ruin the game, make it skip fps, go slower internally or do weird crap.

I've been playing with it and trying to find a sweetspot for Hack GU and Fate Unlimited Codes, as they are the -almost only- games I play, and so far, only Hack GU has got "acceptable" results with the hack at lvl 1, but in certain parts the internal fps will go down, and slow the game even if at 60 fps in gsdx. From lvl 2 on, textures will load slowly, the game will slowdown to a crawl, etc...

So, just play with it, if it doesn't do the miracle, then don't try to break the game.

· Registrierter Benutzer
206 Posts
Sounds good!
I think there is a huge speed boost compared to versions like 0.94.
That means I should install pcsx2 again :D

Off-topic:
predator07, are you the same guy as in UT3?

Greets

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sounds good!
I think there is a huge speed boost compared to versions like 0.94.
That means I should install pcsx2 again :D

Off-topic:
predator07, are you the same guy as in UT3?

Greets
In Castlevania Curse Of Darkness 45 fps with " VU Cycle Stealing" Speed Hack 106fps .

Off topic :
Heyyyy nightmare85, yes im the pred from unreal 3 happy to c u here, im inactive this time in unreal3. hope c u online soon. :D

· Registered
378 Posts
If this new speed hack works well, it may pave the way for a PS3 emulator
LOL WUT

MGS2 gets better speed with "Slight speedup" rather than "Very Large Speedup" (at least here)

Final Fantasy X runs 60fps so no need for the new hack.

Great work, nevertheless.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.