Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source
Today, i will compile first prototype of SNES4ALL under Dreamcast!!!!
A new project of SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast and GPX2 by Fox68k, Franxis and me.
It's a remix of last snes9x and snes9x Zaurus port (SDL video). Also, i convert Unix ioctl audio to SDL audio. Now, it's compile under Windows and GNU/Linux.

What do you think about another SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast?
Hopefully we will be hearing from this emulator in the future.

The other 2 SNES emus SuperFamicast and Dreamsnes are both projects that are on-hold or at least haven't seen an update recently. There's no sign of life in DreamSnes, yet it isn't dead officially.

Scherzo, the coder of SuperFamicast, is currently working on NesterDC SE, so hopefully he will pick up SF after the NesterDC SE project, which is progressing nicely.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will let you once it has been compiled and actually released, also whatever feedback I can find in other forums I will copy :)

I'm glad to see there are still ppl interested. I really hope this emulator will become a bit faster than the other ones. Another thing we were talking about at DCemulation were the benefits of some coders working together on the same project.

From my experience I know scherzo is a great emu coder, and from what I've heard chui has done some awesome projects as well. It would be even better to see them working together as both are working on a port of Snes9x. But that's just my opinion :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found something about this emulator on a spanish website
http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/tiki-view_articles.php
Desde DCEmu leemos las novedades que Chui ha comentado sobre el SNES4ALL.

Not release at near future, only it's a new open source project of portable SDL SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast and GPX2.

Now, i've compiled the first version for Dreamcast without assembler cpu core and it's slow.

It needs a lot of time and work. UAE4ALL needed close to 1 year to decent release and it need more work.

Por si no leeis inglés os dejamos más o menos lo que viene a decir:

No se va a lanzar en un futuro cercano, solamente es un nuevo proyecto de código abierto del port del emulador SDL SuperNintendo para Dreamcast y GPX2.

Ahora, he compilado la primera versión para Dreamcast sin el core en ensamblador de la CPU y es lento. Necesita mucho más tiempo y trabajo.
El UAE4ALL necesitó cerca de 1 año para un lanzamiento decente y aún le falta más trabajo.

El hilo completo en DCEMU: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10759
Perhaps someone here will be able to translate it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.