Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Then you would have shitty coders ruining the reputation of your project with buggy ports and third party russians stealing your code for crappy paid apps.
Eww.

If a community open source project is that productive and efficient then surely you can start a new PS2 emulator and not need one mans help with his existing emulator?
If you need Roor's help then he's the talent and you're dead weight.
Indeed, only russians commit the act of theft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used pcsx2 a time, but pcsx2 not compatible with "Superman return", and I'm following every day to hopefully fix pcsx2 can be "striped Fullscreen" in this game, but very little expectations, so the beta version you can try "Superman return" to help. Or you can send me ([email protected]) beta so I can try, thanks !
Sorry, my bad english

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry for the lack of news and updates.

This has been a very busy last month for me. Wife got ill and work has been unusually demanding.

I'll take a brief vacation from work in a couple of weeks, I'll take the chance to do some updates and produce a proper release then.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,885 Posts
Sorry for the lack of news and updates.

This has been a very busy last month for me. Wife got ill and work has been unusually demanding.

I'll take a brief vacation from work in a couple of weeks, I'll take the chance to do some updates and produce a proper release then.

First emulator I ever used was adripsx when I had my first PC I owned outright myself, it taught me of the magical value PC has in freedom and cool stuff.
I'm serious, blew my mind back in the day.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Wow, this emulator looks pretty freaking awesome :D

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Holy shit! Anyone who's anyone remembers Roor & his excellent AdriPSX. Awesome to see you come back around!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm Roor, I hope someone remembers me... I made some emulators some time ago: AdriPSX, DuoS DSEmu, and some others that surely no one knows.

Anyway, since middle 2014 I begun refactoring my old PS2 Emu project; and now it runs games and plays with an acceptable degree of performance.

I was planning on renaming it, right now it is just generic "ps2emu" (tentatively "Connectix Ps2emu").

Features so far:

- Good compatibility, plays most (but not all) commercial games from ISOs.
- HLE Based. It doesn't require a BIOS.
- Doesn't use any plugin at all.
- Small footprint : it's only 1.2Mb in total.
- Requires CPU with SSE2 support.
- Requires DirectX 9 with shader 2.0 support.
- Supports MemoryCard files, but no SaveStates.
- Has SD (original res) and HD (high res) modes, for enhanced graphics.
- Runs fairly well on Intel I5, Windows 8, without external GPU which I use for tests.

I plan to do a limited release (for testers only) by next Monday.

Please write to [email protected], if interested.

Thanks,
Roor

Ps: if this is not fit to the forum's "News Section" feel free to move it somewhere else.
Hi, great news !
Did you planned a linux version ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have all system requirements now, But where find a copy ?, I sent email long ago to no reply ..
If you did not get my email please let me know, as it may have bean the microsoft office issues .

EDIT: sent new one by yahoo .

·
Registered
181 Posts
i sent a mail too but Roor must be busy or wait to release the official version , if anyone wants to share the beta to try it out will be great (only for personal use :) )
Good luck if he dose do an official ;) , Also the Spec's needed seam a lot less then that of original pcsx2 :) .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roor brought us some great news. Hopefully all goes fine with a project and it could get to a point where there'll be an Android port. Multiple platforms is a great thing but will require much more work to do, therefore I'm really interested about Roor's future plans and considerations regarding open/closed source. Videos uploaded earlier looks great indeed.

Could test a future port on: Exynos 7, Denver K1, Tegra 4, S600, S200, S4 Pro

P.S. Since a project is in "attempt" status at the moment, I'm also interested in Roor's thoughts about fundraising. Wee see news about GLide64 and GLide64 FX, Paul was also successfully raised funds on Kikstarter for Mupen a while ago. Would be interesting to see if the emulator go fundraising let's say for Android port etc.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got a replay looking good :)

Hi "Jhon 591",

I've been travelling on some business for the last weeks, so I've not been able to work on the emulator as much as I wanted.
Most probably I'll realease a new beta (open beta this time) as soon as I return home in some two weeks.

I'll try to keep people updated, as soon as I build something like a "blog" where to publish it.

Cheers, and thank you for emailing,

Roor

41 - 60 of 89 Posts