Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a new PS2 console but since theres a new version coming out I dont know which I should buy, the compact version has a built-in net adapter but dont support HDD ...
also I wonder if I could put a Chip in the new PS2 - if the chip will be compatibile with it the new console.

So should I wait to the new PS2 and buy it or should I wait and get the original PS2 at cheaper price ?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well FYI the new PS2 will be retailing at the same price as the Playstation 2's are now. Not more expensive as some people think - Unless the old model PS2's ae in a pawn shop or something :p

If you aren't gonna play FFXI than get the new PS2. It is 75% smaller and has built in wifi :) So no need for another bulky thing for your PS2.

As for the "chip" I am guessing you're asking of a mod chip. Well the answer is probably one will be made for the new PS2 (PStwo) very soon, but we try our best not to discuss mod chips, as they are illegal and some countries and are in a sort of grey area. Hope that answers your questions ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nope, a new PSTwo, called the PSTwo, it's like the "PSOne" was in relation to the PlayStation; smaller, cooler, and not yet cracked. I have seen some pics floating around the net about a external HD case, so support for a HD maybe possible. My PS2 burnt out just the other day, I was so happy as I bought a warranty.

S

·
0 Posts
well, the new ps2 is out over here already.
(now if that friggin' gradius v game would show up...)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here in israel Chips are kinda legal ... stores sales them in bundles with the PS2 and other stuff, also you get gurantee for all the components you buy ...
another question about the new PS2, dont you think that the currant chips will be compatiable with the PStwo ? and does any one know what bios and Version the new PS2 has ?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I can guarentee that the chips won't be compatible with the new model PS2. Since Sony revamped all the internals - shrinking them, changing things etc ... Even though it's still a PS2 and still has the same specs the chips out won't work.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
yea, it is very possible that it can't be modded at all since Sony could have easily combined a lot of functions into one IC thus leaving no connection points for a mod to intercept.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
The PS2 is already hella hard to mod, Knowing Sony's view towards mod chips, I wouldn't doubt that Sony made it even more difficult - if not impossible as dpence said.

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,493 Posts
They have a few in my local wally world, $178 no game!! I damn near pooped my pantaloons. Why are they still so expensive? The GC right next to it was $139 WITH Metriod Prime, and the XBox was $219 with TWO games! Come on Sony, get with the picture here. I was gonna pick one up for GT4 soon, but not at that price with no bundled game...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
In Japan Sony is planning to bundle GT4 with the new model PS2, So i'm sure that deal will be here sometime after Christmas.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where are you guys from anyway ?
Im from israel and everything is very expensive here :( its why almost any1 in this country using illegal stuff like MP3 downloading movies and games ..
cause the prices here ridiculous ! for PS2 the currant version they want 265 dollars !
now you tell me, please .. is that normal ? everythink is that expensive ! would you buy anything at that price ? by the way that price is for the console alone ... with 1 or 2 controllers depends where you buy it !

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Is that in US dollars your talking about or Shekels?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im talking about US dollars !
here it costs 1190 Nis (new israeli shekels) which is 265 US dollars !

Edit : Razor .. youve got a great sig. ! is that the persian prince from "Warrior Within" ?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea that's PoP alright ;)

hat is pretty crazy. I mean, Canadian dollars (which is on the rise in value) a PS2 costs 199.99 so US that would be near $149.99. So your price is very high. But shipping into your country is probably wha costs a lot of money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no ..
its not shiping .. its the taxes and all this stuff ... this country sucks !
I cant even tell whats wrong because it will take me all night ...
but in sumerize : Im 18 just finished highschool dont got a job even and I have to pay social security or something like that ...
also ... our country has very bad economy, just like in the us in 29.10.1929 ...
all the rich people get richer and the poor get poorer .. with almost no middle class !
we have here prime minister at the top of the country and he his crooked ! and his sons also .. and people who get in his way he kicks them out of the parlament !
also people who were prime minister in the past gets every year 1.3 million Nis just because he used to be prime minister ...
and our country is in no shape to spend money like that .. they take of from the cripled and old people retirement pension in order to improve the economic ... also people from parlament get every year between 60-260 thousand Nis for gifts for public affairs .. which they use on their self and their famalies !
IT SUX !!! I hate this country... plus there are the palestinians who wants country here what means we spend more money in this process ... for moving all the israeli people out of their houses in the terretory that going to the palestinians !

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well than your life goal should be to save all your money and move to either the U.S. or Canada ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Canada is better ..
the US also sux ! lots of huricans and earthqueks !
also US is the land of prudes !!!! all the people that didnt like all the kinky sex that was going around in europe came to the US ...

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,493 Posts
Depending where you look here in Canada, a PS2 can sometimes be found as low as $158. Very rarely however, and pretty much only for sales, like Wal-Mart just had. Still the local Wal-Mart has the new PSTwo for $178, which is better then $199, still sucks with no game. They had 3 of them yesturday, and now they are all gone, some people will pay anything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would pay 199 dollars ! its better than 265 ..
can you imagine paying 265 dollars for a console with no bonuses ? no games no nothing ?
also every NEW game costs about 80 dollars .... (Im talking about US dollars)
so you see ? I cant afford to buy all this stuff and not go broke ...
I do have money but I dont wanna spend it like that .. especially when I know that in other places its almost 50% cheaper !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts