Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New program to configure version 0.7 and 0.8 of the emulator

Hi.
First of all, sorry for being again for so much time, but I had some problems in my computer and lost everything, so I had an hard time getting all fixed again.

I made a program that configured the version 0.7 of PCSX2, and is anyone interested in one for the new version 0.8?

Or isn't it needed anymore?

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
As far as I know no one ever needed a configuration program. And I'm pretty sure everyone with their hands on 0.8 should be able to configure it with no trouble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mykas0 said:
Yeah, but most people ask "how can i get more speed?", "is this game playable?" and things like that...

Every contribution is welcome.
Free your creativity.
Don't let the grouchies squeak :cool:

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Holy cow! Why on earth is this thing 417K? My Plugin Manager application has 50x the functionality and it's only 252K. You don't even have a GUI! Where's all that weight coming from?

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
no idea about that... :S and I can't even check it, since (as I stated on the first post) I lost everything I had in this pc, including all my works :-\ Even my Captain Tsubasa games FAQ, which "only" turns out being more than 130 pages...

But as for the GUI, my idea wasn't making anything beautiful, but a thing that EVERYONE could use... Hey, you gotta admit, it's hard to do something more simple to use than this!

[EDIT:]

I need some information...
On the configuration file of version 0.7, we see "PadHack=0" and "varLog=0", what are those 2 options for?
Plus, where can I see what games require a specific configuration to "work"?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Erm no offense, but it's not that tricky to find out what they are related to, just enable/diabled checkboxes and see what one changes those parameters :p.

To answer your question:

Padhack erm well it enables and diables the pad hack option :D
varlog enables and diables the logs.

·
Registered
669 Posts
He probably has it compiled in debug, recompile the code in release it makes it look less suspicious with all the virii running around anymore, that is unless its a keylogger ugh... they suck.

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No... it already has these features:

2- What's done?

- The program configures your emulator, but not ALL the plugins (by now,
it does not configure graphic plugin, cdvdrom plugin and sound plugin);

- You can select the name of your bios;

- You can select your language;

- You can toggle sound between on and off (off gives more speed...);

- You can toggle between compatibility and speed mode.

·
Banned
76 Posts
that'll work. anything to speen the litte thing I have now that barely loads. it doesn't mess up the settings for files this time does it? and when exactly do I run it(in relation to the emu)?

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
it configures the emulator, giving the maximum speed/compatibility. Not interesting for everyone, but newbies may like it.

Oh, why, you think it is a virus? It's not, and a certain person who is connected to the emulator already tried it...

FLaRe85 said:
Holy cow! Why on earth is this thing 417K? My Plugin Manager application has 50x the functionality and it's only 252K. You don't even have a GUI! Where's all that weight coming from?
Thanks to that guy, I finally remembered to answer you. I checked the new code, and I found out what my mistake was... the algorithms were made in a really simple way, in a way that everyone who knows the language could understand it. Guess that in next version I will have that fixed!

Anyway, check this... http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60246

1 - 18 of 18 Posts