Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all i have been thinking of upgrading my prosessor for emulation i upgraded a year ago from an amd 8350 to a Ryzen 1600x witch was big jump in fps i use alot of emulators cemu yuzu rpcs3.
I have looked at the specs and the difference is only about 8 percent on single core according to specs i would like to have some advice weather it is worth it or not thanks mark.
Running windows 10 pro ryzen 1600x nvidia 1070 gtx 16gb ddr4 10tb hdds.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,451 Posts
I wouldn't consider it to be "worth it" just for the sake of emulation. Those emulators are new and far from even approaching a finished status. There's plenty of room for optimization in future releases. If you do other CPU-intensive things on your PC then you should wait for Zen 2 to arrive and get benchmarked as it's supposedly 15% faster clock for clock over Zen.

I'm holding out for Zen 2 myself since I've been sitting on a Sandy Bridge 2600x since it came out all those years ago and Intel's done f*** all from generation to generation.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I am on an i5 4670 and gtx 1660... all those emu's run pretty much full speed.... (I get almost constant 60fps on cemu and breath of the wild, the most demanding wiiU game which on the console runs about 24fps)ps3 runs 30fps on real hardware... so not like you have to shoot for a high FPS.. CPU matters more in emulation than gpu, but you don't have to have a top of the line cpu (which IMHO any AMD cpu IS NOT top of the line, their single core performance is so low that it makes all of them a bad deal)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts