Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had an idea (and it's just an idea)

The protagonists are sent to the Quest of the "Holy Emulator",
the ppl of the town need it cuz if don't have it [fill in the blank],
the protagonists finally find it after long hours of game BUT
it doesn't work on the main computer of the town [or whatever you want], why? By reading an old webpage, the guys who sent them to the quest of the emu. learn that the emu requires the Holy Computer...

Since this computer and it's hardware is so powerful that someone evil could use it for evil plans, long ago some wisemen disassembled it and spreaded the pieces of the computer all over the world

But an evil villain already found the Holy CPU, and uses it as a booster for his brain, and... errrrr... that's all for now

S

·
0 Posts
it's a start; needs work.
gives me too much the feeling of "haven't I read this somewhere before" though; but that goes with most RPG stories actually. They are often similar; Even Ryos' story has somewhat stereotypical RPG elements in it. However, if you remove those it removes some of the basic elements found in rpg's; something I'd love myself but most people probably wouldn't. I'd use a current day or slightly futuristic setting, get rid of the standard magic/medieval stuff alltogether and come up with something different instead. Konami did something like that once with SD Snatcher; traditional weapons were replaced with a range of guns; magic was replaced with options and super bombs; I won't say it has to be exactly that way but something in that direction I'd love.
But given the huge population of RPG freaks here I know that'll never happen. heh.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>> gives me too much the feeling of "haven't I read this somewhere before" though

Yeah, I know, the "Quest of the Holy Item" is the biggest classic, but wanted it to be a little like a parody... a serious game, but with funny elements

S

·
0 Posts
hm. did you know that the people at the 3daction planet forum did the same?
I came across it a while ago; they made an rpg based on the forum community.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know that, but that's not a reason to stop the project here

S

·
0 Posts
surely not; in fact, might be worth taking a look at it to see how it's done; now if I could only find a link to it... ;P

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, IC... I hope you'll find it

For now I'm quite busy with my mails

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Hmmmm.....
My idea was to be based on a lot of guns, but a certain few characters using other weapons.
It was to be something quite simple: Guy's home gets destroyed, he decides to find out who did it, kills the guy that did it, but finds out that he's just an underling of hte guy that ordered it (much like the Crow).
My plot wasn't so much a complete story, but a basis for my character who was to be a major boss and an optional boss.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or we could do what I said at the very beginning, each character
has his own story, they don't meet at the beginning, but
something important make them meet each other later, like in Q. Tarentino's movies

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I like that idea, actualy. That could work, allowing you to play as the bad guy for a time.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh :evil:

but the bad guy should be someone who joins the party for some reason later in the game... like certain characters of Chrono Cross,
or even Magus in CT

S

·
0 Posts
ok; is the following possible? people come up with ideas for their character and someone or a few people try to tie up the loose ends and implement that stuff into one story.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I think so, but I'm not the leader, it's not to me to decide,but that's what my "Suggestion" thread was made for, as well as the "Characters" thread

EDIT:
Where is the Characters thread gone???

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I think it got merged as it was not talking characters anymore
Anyway, that simply doesn't work.
What would have to happen is that the leader comes up with a list of PCs and essential plot characters. Then you can talk to the person in question about hte way they would like thier character portrayed
The leader would then relay his version of that vision to the graphics and sound producers.
He then creates a specific character stats, which the lead programmer deals with adding into the game.

S

·
0 Posts
at the bottom of the forum?

I dunno who could be the leader. I'm not in for it. I'm just helping out right now; I'm not even sure if I want to continue on it myself.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reply to Kane's post:

Yup, IC...
so we'd better keep the characters under secret... but we can still be open to suggestion (I mean that we can at least pay attention)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>so we'd better keep the characters under secret... but we can still be open to suggestion (I mean that we can at least pay attention)

As I was saying, it'd be best to get the list of what characters are what first, then discuss in an IM session the way they want thier character portrayed.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I think that's a good idea

... I'm gonna sleep now, I'll come back tomorrow

1 - 20 of 30 Posts