Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mozilla 0.9.1 just hit a few minutes ago, grab it at Mozilla.org.

So far, it's far more stable than 0.9, and the new Modern theme has to be the best browser look I've seen for quite some time..

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
>when did x.themes.org
Earlier in the week. Some admin for OSDN used telnet to get into one of their servers and, as you might have expected, the password was sniffed.

I simply adore the new image loading system for Moz, unlike IE it doesn't spend ages re-downloading imagines it encountered just a short while ago. The "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons on this board are prime examples of this. The one problem I have is that swtiching to the Modern theme makes the location bar move out of place, but this is a very minor cosmetic issue, something I'm sure they'll have worked out soon if they haven't fixed it already.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nightlies lack support for the JRE, and right now, grabbing a nightly is so not worth it. Nightlies aren't really for average users, which is what the brunt of our forum users are, which is why I post the milestone builds.. Your post seemed to talk as if I knew not of nightlies, which would basically make me know nothing about Mozilla, which could be taken as offensive..

Enough of that, 0.9.2 is only going to be a 2 week cycle anyway..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Err, heh.. no offence meant... bit quick to jump to offence aren't ya? :p

Since i saw it as an informative post, i posted to it putting in extra info that people thought might be useful.

Anyway, as to the jre... the java support in mozilla has always been iffy and second java support in IE is better ans faster too. :rolleyes:

So nergh! nergh! ne! nergh! nergh! :p

:D

BOB

·
Registered
513 Posts
>aqua happened to be my fav
While I can't stand Aqua-flavored titlebars in E or Sawfish (Which isn't to say that other people won't like their look, I just prefer a NextStep-like theme for that), AquaGraphite is awesome for GTK. If you haven't checked it out, I highly suggest it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just thought I'd do a follow up and mention that Themes.org is once again open, though there's a host of scripting errors and the like, not to mention that they're not allowing downloads of specific things for fear that the person that broke in might have planted a trojan or somesuch.

For the lazy:

"We've been working very hard to bring the site back up, in the safest manner possible. To that end, many of the themes and resources are not back online as they could contain nasty little additions. Specifically, the following items are not available at this time...

xdm themes
xdefaults
bashish themes
mozilla chromes
dockapps
kde themes
sawfish themes "

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Cheers for the info. I'd checked it about 2 hours previous to your post and it was still closed... Now that's good journalism.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts