Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
With the imenent release of KOFXII I have been playing a lot of fighters on my old PS2 slim. It has a HD in it so is very handy to have all the games in one place.
Better yet is how good this emulator has got!
I have been transfering a lot of my games to my PC.
Most are working 100% but I have a few questions regarding some graphical errors I am getting.

The most common and least annoying is the lines you can see in the shot from GGXX slash. Why does it do this?

The other which is very odd you can see in the shot from SSTenka.
The issue is only there if I use DX10 but if I use 9 my frame rate drops down to bellow 40. Using DX10 I get constant 60FPS but also the odd grid effect over the sprites.

I am using GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
No interlacing D3D internal res set to native. V sync is on.

My system is.

AMD Phenom 955 Black clocked at 3.7.
4GB DDR3 at 1480
And an ATI 4870x2

If anyone could offer advice or point me in the right direction for some guides I would be very grateful.

This emulator has improved so much since I last tried it! I really am amazed at the progress.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok with SSE2 texture filtering seems to be forced on. Its grayed out and I can't turn it off or adjust it.
SSE41 says my CPU is not supported.
SSSE3 says the same thing.
Zero GS does not display anything very well at all. I just get a mess on the screen.
It seems like SSE2 is the only plugin that will run properly.

Thankyou for the suggestions so far. I will try anything of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This kind of grid effect seems to affect a few games.
Melty blood.
Samurai spirits Tenka.
KOF Orochi collection and more.
And yet other games like KOF 2002 UM, Hokotunoken, KOF XI etc dont suffer from the same issue. I find it a bit odd.
Fingers crossed someone has seen this issue before and knows what to do :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is starting to really bug me now. SSTenka is a game I would love to be able to play on my PC. Same with Guilty gear. However I seem to be stuck between either having very poor FPS with DX9 or the strange grid effect with DX10 but full 60FPS.
Is there anyone else that could offer some advice.
I seem to have been through every combination of settings I can think of and just cant get it to work properly.
Is there something I could do with CCC to help?
Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.