Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some more news of how this Dreamcast emulator is progresing has appeared so let’s take a look:

Obviously it’s broken. The textures on Bellandy are wrong and the texts are unreadable.
Yesterday I figured out how the ROM banking protection works on this cart. Turns out OMG doesn’t use it… but it gave me an idea I’ve tried just now. Bingo, another form of protection was present - and after dumping the necessary data and patching the cart image I got this:

Site @ Deunan

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New update!! Gotta check it out, people!

Site @ Deunan

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Deunan, Ex Machina, Knute

I know the screens I captured aren't that impressive but you try to press Alt+Print Screen and shoot at the same time :) Targeting is done via X360 analog stick - works pretty well except I could use a pointer telling me what I'm shooting at... On my TODO list.

Oh and did I mention that Monkey Ball works as well?

Someone asked if it's possible to push 3M triangles through Dreamcast-based system in real-time. See the pictures below? The first two values shown in the second line are vertex (w) and triangle (tr) counters. That's per-frame so multiply by 60 to get per-second figures. So what do you think, possible?
Trigger Heart Exelica can do over 30000 vertexes and 44000 triangles per frame as well :)

Looks like more naomi goodness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.