Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... some people know that I operate a small website in which I keep the little achievements I make. A lot of people have been saying that my layout looked a bit dodgy and honestly a bit fanboy-ish. Anyways I redid the layout and found a new host without ads and ftp access etc (50webs.com)... unfortunately my redirecting url has taken the liberty of putting a small banner at the top and furthermore since its been that url I've stamped all over my programs and stuff I can't exactly find a new one :(.

The layout is simple, but tell me what you think:

http://vanitstudios.burn.at

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Well, first of all I must say that I don't like frames. The layout is very plain, too plain I might say with only two colors. That may make the viewer feeling somewhat sad, I think you could add there more colors. Or perhaps some gradients? The logo should be centered and a little bit wider, not sitting in the left corner while the right one remains empty. Bottom menu line (the angled one) is a bit too thick and maybe you should try to round the corner off. That would be that :)

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you don't like the layout overall :). Thanks for the feedback.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Heheh, I didn't say that :) I mean no offence to you, Vanit - you asked for the opinion and only told you what I'd change :D Don't worry I've seen far worse pages which's owners claimed to be the best in whole net...

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'd have to agree with Hyuga, frames are pretty old school and there are better ways of doing similar things nowadays, especially if your webhost supports ASP or PHP. I'd say spice it up with some lighther more interesting colors with an interesting red or blue, and some CSS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts