Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to see how my GL graphics plugin was doing so far, so if you can test it with ePSXe and post and problems/suggestions here I would really appreciate it!

Keep in mind that this plugin is not finished, so there are no 2D sprites or textures for polygons yet.

Also, if you find any areas where it seems to be slow also tell me, because I want this plugin to be fast :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
is it a joke,
I configure yopur plugin, and try to use it with GT2,
I haven't seen even a single bitmap ( waiting an entire plugin )

if it's not a joke: good luck nickK, and you will be the next Pete Bernet :eek:)!!

My config:
Duron [email protected],
Geforce 2 MX OverClocked... win98sE and win2k [just tried your plugin on 98 SE]

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not a joke, but as I said, it's not 100% (or even 99%) finished yet. I just wanted to see how it would run on some peoples systems. I don't own GT2, but I would guess that game may not be the best to test it with. If you can get a copy of Spyro or something, then it would look a bit better :) I'm still working on it, and I'll post updates later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A suggestion

I'm just starting top learn Visual C++6 and OpenGl, so for the moment, and until a long time I can't help you,

But, my suggestion is: Basicaally, the GPU plugin Scene is very good [ thanks to Pete, Lewpy & many more ], And I don't know if you are an Hardcore Coder, but it will be hard to do better, so why don't you try something too "rare" on the PSX emu Scene:
An Open Source plugin, so in that way, you and the C++ Guru and Ogl Guru can Produce the greatest GPu plugin Ever (For me, the Owner of this award is actually Pete Bernet, I don't know much about lewpy work, 'cause I don't own a 3DFX)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's an interesting idea, and I think I might do that, but I want to add more features in before I do anything like that, and clean up code and stuff.

I just want to warn you, though, if you have not had any past experience with graphics stuff and you're going to write a graphics plugin, it may be a little difficult (just my opinion, though.) There are still a few things that I don't understand just yet like how to generate images using 4 and 8 bit CLUT data.

However, with enough research and practice, I'm sure that anyone (with enough patience and time) could do something with this stuff :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Majority of the time I get a black screen!

Only exception I've had is the Tekken 3 Demo!
It fades from black to grey, and you can see some flashing boxes where the option between the Demo and Movie are supposed to be!
After a few fades back to black and then to grey, it does nothing!
I'll test a few more games soon :)
but ones tested that are all black are:
Vagrant Story
FF9
Wip3out

I dont have spyro so cant test it! any other games that you know that give graphics? :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
He!!! I did'nt say That I want to make A GPU plugin :D),
I can Only mare a Rolling Cube in O-gl (Thank'x to NeHe tut' :D)

By the way, except NeHe O-gl do you know a tut' that I can practice to learn more on 3D coding???

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Ben, thanks for using it, I'm sorry that _all_ of the 2D primitives are broken :p

I've been using these games to test it so far:
- Parasite eve (Has opening MDEC and main menu. The game works too, but, again, the 2D backgrounds are missing.)
- Spyro (Has everything, but doesn't work with ePSXe 1.4.0 anyway)
- Jet Moto (Has opening screens)

Once I figure out the textures, it'll be really easy to put the rest of the features in :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyway, sekxx, about OpenGL coding... All I really need at this point is a reference manual for the gl functions, but you should check out www.opengl.org the have a good coding section with lots of links to sites with tutorials. But NeHe's tutorials ARE the best that I can find :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
One small recommendation!

You might want to store your Settings in your own Key under..
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU

that would mean that once you get lots of settings! and some work better for some games and some for others then ePSXeCutor can use different settings on a per-game basis! :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perhaps, I could also always release the file format for the CFG file ;)

I'm going back to work on it now. Trying to add sprite and texture support now :) Yay

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just incase if you were wondering if the plugin is working or not, here are some screen shots :)

This one is from Spyro

·
Registered
78 Posts
he, the MDEC works great [if we can say that on a screenShot :D]

But where are the Texture???? :)

I know I'm pretty exigent for a beta-Tester!
Sayonara my friend [I'm Wondering, Are U my friend, REALLY???]

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, thanks sekxx! I'm glad you've found some good stuff with the plugin :) I'm still working on the textures and stuff, so I'll keep everyone infromed how that's going if I have any break throughs :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Er, um, Ben, thanks :) That last message was a bit of a mix up ... :p Anyway, I'll be back later!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts