Next Generation Emulation banner

New Graphics Card

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  GeneralClaymore 
#1 ·
#4 ·
i have a 6800 which is a bit of a step up from the 6600GT, so i guess im qualified to tell you, that card rox ;)

have fun with pete's OGL2 with all teh goodies on (if you're into PSX emulation). thats the main reason i went nvidia instead of Ati.

#5 ·
leadtek keeps up it's tradition of having oversize heatsinks :p

#7 ·
sims said:
What's all this talk about Nvidia roxor your boxor. ATI is still the better price/performance ratio champion IMO. If you can I recommend getting an All In Wonder. Once you go All In Wonder you never go back.
You've been living under a rock then. Nvidia's 6600gt is generally regarded as the best price/performance ratio around these days. The card is under $200, but pretty much bests every other video card at the same price point.

#8 ·
Jldnr77 said:
Well, I just placed an order on Newegg for this card:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-206&depa=1

It's a 6600GT. I'm hoping it will be as big of an improvement over my FX5200 as everybody seems to say it is. Seems like it's the best bang for my buck anyway. Anybody here have a 6600GT?
i have the eaxact same card and i upgraded from an ATi 9200SE :heh:
you wont regreat buying the 6600gt :thumb:

#10 ·
Seta-San said:
leadtek keeps up it's tradition of having oversize heatsinks :p
That's hardly oversized.. :???: If anything it should be a bit bigger.

#12 ·
Well, according to the tracking, it's going to arrive on Thursday, although I'm hoping it might get here on wednesday...I can't wait!!!

#13 ·
You got it from Newegg right? Expect it tomorrow. :)

#15 ·
cooliscool said:
You got it from Newegg right? Expect it tomorrow. :)

Is there anywhere else???? I buy all my main computer stuff from newegg.

#17 ·
Yep, Newegg and Fedex are an amazing team.. I always get my hardware at WORST 2 days ahead of schedule.. my mobo/HSF/RAM came overnight. Ordered it on a Wednesday and it was here on Thursday morning. :wub:

#18 ·
cooliscool said:
Yep, Newegg and Fedex are an amazing team.. I always get my hardware at WORST 2 days ahead of schedule.. my mobo/HSF/RAM came overnight. Ordered it on a Wednesday and it was here on Thursday morning. :wub:
where do you guys live?

usually when i order from newegg, it takes 6 days from the day i order it to get to me. and i live in Oregon.

#19 ·
I live in South Carolina.. and the order that came overnight was from NJ (as it usually is, although some stuff comes from CA).. odd it would take 6 days..

Oregon? I always thought you lived in Malaysia or something. :p

#21 ·
Ahh yeah, that's it. Sorry, I'm horrible with putting names with places. :laugh:

#22 ·
Well, got my card today and installed it. The speed difference is amazing!!! Fixing to see what it does in online gaming....

#24 · (Edited)
Well, I've been playing around with the card for a while and all I can say is WOW! Ran 3DMark2001SE and it sent my score all the way up to 13000 and some change. Also, newegg says the card comes with POP: Sands of Time (which I already have for the PS2) but it actually came with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, which is pretty cool, but WAY harder. Also picked up a copy of Tribes: Vengeance yesterday at Walmart for $19.99, and I see why it recommends a 2.5Ghz processor. I'm still getting lag, even with the specs I have now. Also tried Project64 with Conker and it was almost flawless (Conker is the game that gave me the most speed problems before) And the "almost" can probably be more attributed to the emulation than the card. All in all, especially with the games and software it came with, I'd say I definitely got my money's worth. And yes, I'm gonna change my sig. ;)

Edit: Well, I think I've finally upgraded this computer as far as it will go, unless I wanted to get an Audigy, and I don't really see a reason to ditch the SB Live! card I have. So, short of getting a new motherboard (Nforce), cpu (AMD 64), ram (PC3200 at least), and power supply (450-500watts), I was just wondering, would adding another 512mb's of ram help me out that much? My ram is PC2700.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.