Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the new-gen Pokemon games (Like Platinum, Pearl etc.) work smoothly on my new computer? Just asking because they were kinda laggy on my old computer which had pretty bad specs, anyways here are my new computers specs.

CPU: AMD Phenom 8550 X3
RAM: 6GB
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 4650

Thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You should know that NO$GBA only uses 1 core. I think NO$GBA will run smooth in your PC. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just tried it out and it does work pretty good though, the thing on top of the emulator is showing 95% and sometimes jumping to 105% when I'm walking in a city. Its going over 200% if I put on "Unlimited MHz disaster, 10%" so what I don't understand is why it just doesnt stay at 100% when I'm using "Realtime, auto". Anyways here are some things I tried to fix this and would love it, if you guys could suggest's something else I could try.

I've tried:

- Putting NDS Cartridge backup media to FLASH 256KB from FLASH 512KB. (It works perfectly with the other ones but the problem is that I can't save afterwards.)

- I've put sounds to the lowest settings and it didnt help at all. Muting the sounds does make the game run perfectly, but it freezes after every battle. I could just put them on and off but I'm just plain lazy and love the sounds. :p

- I've put link cable type to none.

- On "Controls" I've disabled Joystick/Gamepads and Game Screen Filter. I have also unchecked Force 50% step and Force aspect ratio.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT1: Oh and I forgot to tell you that I'm using No$GBA 2.5C version. I don't know if there is a newer one.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Use 2.6, it have a new 3d render (nocash) which gives more speed than OpenGL, but loses some details in graphics. :D

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'd really like to know why people are using 6GB in AMd systems... you lose dual channel by doing that....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Have you never played a PC game before where there are certain areas where you reach 70FPS, others where it runs at a perfect 60FPS and other areas again where it suddenly drops to 20 FPS where the requirements are a little higher?....well the same sorta thing applies in emulation, some games have certain areas which require more power than others to render, power which when it's being emulated your system may not have enough of..or sometimes too much...now the impact is reduced when you use settings other than realtime because those other settings increase the amount of frames being skipped that's why you can achieve percentages even higher than fullspeed in certain areas.

So to give you a short answer short, you can't get fullspeed all the time because you either don't have the processing power or the emu is not programmed efficiently enough to harness all the power it needs to emulate that area fullspeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.