Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far this is just specualtion, but if it turns out to be true then nintendo is not making a good move imo. Instead of supporting DS they are working on making the next GBA (full article here ). An article by SpOng also talks bout it, but i dont really know how much of it is BS and how much truth.

But so far it all sounds bogus, but then could nintendo really be working on another GBA?

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
The DS supposedly wasn't meant as the successor to the GBA but I hope they don't drop support for it too soon, it seems like a neat handheld :).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah i remember they saying that the DS was never supposed to be a sucessor to GBA. But alot of people dont read Videogame magazines or on the internet. So all those little kids who bought DS will be really disappointed. I understand why they released the DS early b/c of the psp. Oh yeah will the new GBA still use cartrages? Since they have good support on handheld market they better not make same mistake like the Nintendo 64. Also if its gonna be based on the Gamecube then they should make it it compatible with Gamecube discs from what i read from http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8385&n=Game+Boy+Advance+2+set+to+stun+E3+%96+DS+to+evolve+into+PDA.
That would really help them. But i guess they are gonna try keep the price down that won't happen.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Sony's PSP is a huge rival for the Nintendo's DS, so Nintendo figures they can make the most out of the handheld market by supporting two handheld systems instead of just one.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Plus the DS was out there to make a quick buck really. And it is soooo revolutionary as we all know ...

I wonder what's actualy in store for the new Gameboy. I don't know if it will be out this winter, but some real competition for the PSP would be nice :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Plus the DS was out there to make a quick buck really. And it is soooo revolutionary as we all know ...

I wonder what's actualy in store for the new Gameboy. I don't know if it will be out this winter, but some real competition for the PSP would be nice :p
Razor, don't make me fly to canada to just smack you. Your just stirring up more crap and going to start a flamewar :p. Sony is making a tiny PSX, Nintendo made a tiny N64, simplified but true, we've all heard it a million times, so no more.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
LOL, I'm not starting anything These are simply my views. I seriously can't wait for the new GameBoy to come :D Like I said for reasons in my previous post ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I disagree there. The touchpad thing is neat and all, but nothing breaktaking. My brother and I both played with it and agree that it seems to get in the way of having fun with a game. One opf those things that you like for a few hours, but then you end up hating. I much prefer buttons myself. The graphics are an improvement over GBA for sure though ;) They do look sharp and with the right developer, games can look pretty damn neat.

*coigh* Err back on topic though, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing Reggie said that most of the rumors going around about the new Gameboy are just that - rumors.

·
Registered
164 Posts
True compitition for Sony would be nice, but I am just glad Nintendo came up with something to hide the humiliation of the DS. I just hope its all that good.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Humiliation of the DS? The DS was accepted and embraced by people in the industry (all but the Sony fanboys)..

Not to mention the sales numbers.. but I won't even go there!

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
INCA said:
Yeah i remember they saying that the DS was never supposed to be a sucessor to GBA. But alot of people dont read Videogame magazines or on the internet. So all those little kids who bought DS will be really disappointed. I understand why they released the DS early b/c of the psp. Oh yeah will the new GBA still use cartrages? Since they have good support on handheld market they better not make same mistake like the Nintendo 64. Also if its gonna be based on the Gamecube then they should make it it compatible with Gamecube discs from what i read from http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8385&n=Game+Boy+Advance+2+set+to+stun+E3+%96+DS+to+evolve+into+PDA.
That would really help them. But i guess they are gonna try keep the price down that won't happen.
compatible with GC disks?? that would be impossible... batteries wouldnt last long oO

aniway... HEERO YUY...do you really have to make useless posts all the time? seriously, each time i see a stupid posts theres your name next to it.... :???:
humiliation my a$$

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
*looks at cooliscool & ChronoArchangel posts*
Phew, Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for Sony fanboys vs Nintendotards round 141536, who's gonna win this time?

/me takes a seat and prepares the popcorn :D

PS : We do agree that releasing dual handhelds ( whether succeeding GBA or not ) from Nintendo is a bad move.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
14 Posts
The problem is the games were made to run on Gamecube and they stream a lot of data off the disc, its allmost allways spinning so the bettery life would suffer dramaticly. What I think would be nice is if they used the GC disc to make the new games but put it in a removable shell so you could play the new GB games in GC or Revolution without a $50 addon and the disc would be protected when used in the GB.

·
Banned
576 Posts
Haha a DS as a pda. Good luck with that Nintendo. What with the 4 mb of ram the unit has I'm sure it can do alot of pda functionality. Oh yea I suppose there's room for expansion, oh wait the DS doesn't have memory card slots.

I'm not sure what nintendo's definition of a pda is, but if they think that a 150 dollar unit can replace a $400 dell axim pda they're making some claims. Speaking of PalmOS, Funny how when sony pulled support for its clie's line of pda, which runs on PalmOS btw, that nintendo signs a contact with them. Makes you wonder why sony ditch PalmOS.

Well I know one thing about this; no gimmick toy is going to replace a full fledge pda system.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
エッリー said:
*looks at cooliscool & ChronoArchangel posts*
Phew, Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for Sony fanboys vs Nintendotards round 141536, who's gonna win this time?

/me takes a seat and prepares the popcorn :D

PS : We do agree that releasing dual handhelds ( whether succeeding GBA or not ) from Nintendo is a bad move.

Yours,
-Elly
have no fear! me and cooliscool will win :evil:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
sims said:
Haha a DS as a pda. Good luck with that Nintendo. What with the 4 mb of ram the unit has I'm sure it can do alot of pda functionality. Oh yea I suppose there's room for expansion, oh wait the DS doesn't have memory card slots.

I'm not sure what nintendo's definition of a pda is, but if they think that a 150 dollar unit can replace a $400 dell axim pda they're making some claims. Speaking of PalmOS, Funny how when sony pulled support for its clie's line of pda, which runs on PalmOS btw, that nintendo signs a contact with them. Makes you wonder why sony ditch PalmOS.

Well I know one thing about this; no gimmick toy is going to replace a full fledge pda system.
Haha, how true. :p How true indeed.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
take out that touch pad/second screen , and that's what suppouse to be GBA released few years ago :p, of course that's only my thought

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
Sony is making a tiny PSX, Nintendo made a tiny N64, simplified but true, we've all heard it a million times, so no more.
Then again, the GBA was the remake handheld. What was it? A tiny Snes / Nes ? :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts