Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I finally got ahold to install the latest version of the forum software, and to clean up some stuff on this forum. First off, let's see which new features the new vB version introduced :

• quick find user by username from main control panel page
  • adminlog view/search/prune within control panel (see help on that page)
  • stored private message statistics in control panel
  • ability to strip an unwanted poll from a thread without removing the thread contents
  • subscribed thread manager - allows you to prune thread subscriptions - useful for keeping email-sending loads under control
  • Option to not show unregged/coppa/awaiting confirmation users on the memberlist
  • Ignored users are now shown in threads with a clickable place holder that will bring up their posts when clicked
  • Option to set custom profile fields to be hidden and not editable by the user so that they may be used as information fields by the admins/mods
  • Improved page navigation template system - pagenav_xxx now replaces numbernav and numbernav_pages. This change means that the display is more configurable via templates, and redundant << < > >> are no longer shown
  • Integration of Kier's Who Posted hack into display of threads in forumdisplay, search results and subscribed threads.
  • User mass usergroup move & user pruning system in control panel
  • Important security fix
I also used two of the features on this board. First off, anyone being suscribed to a thread older than 30 days gets released from it. This matched for 4200 cases, so the database size got reduced quite a bit.

The other one was (finally), that I deleted every user having less than 1 (aka zero) posts although being registered for longer than 10 days. If this deleted your account, feel free to sign up again, but the script is set to automaticly delete those users every 30 days now, so keep on posting :)

Oh yeah, our top private messager is sxamiga, followed by Adair, Metalmurphy and Neojag/carnage179. Congrat or ... whatever guys :)

I hope you enjoy the new features and I wish you much fun on those forums,

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Woohoo second top private messager. Probably half of them were to sx/amiga though.:rolleyes::D

I like that new feature to see posts by ignored members. I probably still won't use ignore though, unless someone really deserves(I'm just too curious to see how they'll annoy me next, so I can't ignore them:emb: ).

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
So that's why the page numbers changed I though my browser was on the blink.:D

ps When it comes to Pm's I'm still only a junior member:heh:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey what can I say? I get 'em and send em'. Thanks for the congrats Bobbi and I like your comment as well CD. I had no idea that I'd sent THAT many PMs. it a case of "Hey Joe what do you know?" (try and guess what that is from from). Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 6 of 6 Posts