Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heheh this time warp2search beat me to it :D EDIT: this time theres a special sse version for us athlon ppl :)

neways : http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDShow_download.htm

What's New:
- MS ADPCM support
- two preferred vobsubs languages
- configurable swscaler gaussian blur strength for vobsubs
- support bmp and gif as bitmap overlay image
- option to use WAVEFORMATEX instead of WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE on output if no custom channelmapping
- bug fix: don't always recompute letterboxing size and don't always check for subtitles file
- more blending modes
- IDR interval and deblock parameters for x264
- working on image overlay
- vobsubs scaling
- proper alignment in ICL+GCC libavcodec build
- key shortcut for subtitles language cycling
- possibilty to override vobsubs position
- dwstring substr and c_str related fix
- recognize cz for Czech in idx, don't show duplicate languages in vobsub config
- don't set merit to "not used" if it previously had different value than one of defined in ffdshow
- yet another fix in corrections
- another subtitles correction fix
- fix in capital letters correction
- more keys working
- keyboard shortcuts and remote messages for cycling presets
- orthography correction from subrip
- separate page for text subtitles options, more complete subtitles correction from Subrip
- adding text subtitles correction from subrip
- support for 8-bit samples on input
- fixed another crash in vobsub
- fixed crash in getNext with pictFull==true and pictHalf==true
- enabled trellis quantization for H.263(+)
gonna see if these fix the crashing in explorer w/ previews :)

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup its fixed :) not only that, the previews launch so much faster in nero AND explorer. this is with the SSE version which shud be not as developed as a whole compared to the SSE2 version. good news for everyone :)

I also found that the SSE version uses the cpu less than the generic one we athlon users had to use b4. go ahead and give it a try !

·
Registered
774 Posts
Man, this is nice. The last time I upgraded ffdshow it caused more problems than it solved so I ended up disabling it altogether. This version on the other hand works great.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any noticed difference between the r
egular, SSE, and SSE2 versions?
hmm. i havent actually gone back to the regular version since the SSE version works so great on my athlon xp. tho i am positive that compared to the last release of the regulars, the previews in explorer pop up faster and the cpu usage is down by around 5-10% with post proc / sharpening/ noise enabled. dunno about comparing it to SSE2 as i dont have an AMD64 and the p4 i have is a 2.5 ghz that my dad is using so it wudnt be much of a comparison.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Kirby said:
any noticed difference between the regular, SSE, and SSE2 versions?
The SSE2 seems to use a bit less CPU in my computer.

Feature wise they should be the same, the new builds are just the same code compiled with Intel's compiler and optimizations on.

[]s Badaro

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Something broken.... I can't use the fffdshow for encoding anymore.... someone can confirm?
If I re-install the previous version it works.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
chp said:
Something broken.... I can't use the fffdshow for encoding anymore.... someone can confirm?
If I re-install the previous version it works.
Uninstall ALL previous ffdshow versions, and probaply clean your system from ffdshow related stuff, and reinstall this version. I had same problem. Older alpha version was heavily conflicting in background.

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
MaZa said:
Uninstall ALL previous ffdshow versions, and probaply clean your system from ffdshow related stuff, and reinstall this version. I had same problem. Older alpha version was heavily conflicting in background.
I allready done that... doesn't work here.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
......... :doh:

Then im outta ideas. Doing this process made it work in my system.

OR does it actually work without you noticing? ;) I mean, did you get used to use ffdshow trayicon whenever movie is played? Reinstalling obviously unchecks this option, so did you simply forget to re-enable it? :evil:

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
MaZa said:
......... :doh:

Then im outta ideas. Doing this process made it work in my system.

OR does it actually work without you noticing? ;) I mean, did you get used to use ffdshow trayicon whenever movie is played? Reinstalling obviously unchecks this option, so did you simply forget to re-enable it? :evil:
No..no... ffdshow vfw doesn't work....
For exemple when I try to use ffdshow as codec in VirtualDub.
Something went wrong when registering ffdshow vfw....

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
OH!!!

Well i havent even tried it as encoder yet. I misreaded that you said decode originally. :baka:

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
chp said:
No..no... ffdshow vfw doesn't work....
For exemple when I try to use ffdshow as codec in VirtualDub.
Something went wrong when registering ffdshow vfw....
works fine here,.....not that I recommend ffdshow for encoding o_O

Yours,
-Elly

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
hushypushy said:
yikes, just get an xvid binary and encode with that...

Huh.... that's mad...

ffdshow already include the "real" XVID codec from it's open source or through libavcodec and it's as good as the original XVID. So, I don't need to install it twice.

BTW, I found a way to access ffdshow vfw for encoding by re-installing the previous version and applying the latest build by a simple file copy.

Still that's a bug..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts