Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded version 1.2.0 a while ago and played FF9 until it got to where Zidane goes in the pub in Lindblum (Disc 1) and the game freezes in a black screen and the CDRom stops spinning. After the first time this occurred, I started getting a message saying
"Thunk Connection Failed. (32->16)" when I access video, sound, or CDRom settings and when I push ok on the error screen, it goes to the regular config screen. I have a k6-2 533, 128mb ram, 8 on board video memory, burned copy of FF9, and almost all plugins.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What video plugin are you using? I burned a copy of FF9 and I got past that part, With your setup I suggest you use Petes Software plugin (if not using it already ;) ) Also, it sounds like a problem with your CD-ROM drive, try playing around with different CD-ROM plugins and playing with the plugin options.

S

·
0 Posts
A burned copy, hmm? Is it burned from an original copy, or is it an illegal burned copy, such as Kallisto?:mad: If it is an illegal one, then there is your problem, illegal copies are known to have flaws and problems. The solution, go buy a legitamite copy. If it is burned from a copy you own, then I do not know what the problem is. I have an original boxed US NTSC version of FF 9 and I have never encountered this problem.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
37 Posts
That error is caused by two .dll files being in the wrong place. Move subTsMSCD16.dll and subTsMSCD32.dll out of the plugins folder and into the main ePSXe folder. That should take care of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a legitamate copy of FF9 and this is my third time through the game, both other times, it worked fine, but with the previous version of ePSXe. Neither version of ePSXe works now. Moving the files to my main directory didn't do anything.

S

·
0 Posts
I apologize for insinuating that you may have been using an illegal copy. Perhaps, you may need to reinstall ePSXe completely. One of your registry setting may have gotten messed up. I would make a save just before you have problems, then put the save in a safe place (no pun intended), then uninstall and reinstall ePSXe. Also make sure to delete your ePSXe registry key settings. Then after reinstalling ePSXe, try your save and see if it works. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts