Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new user of the playstation emulator, and I just can't seem to get it to work, I am currently using v 1.6 because 1.7 wouldn't download with me. I believe I have all the necessary plug-ins needed, I have the "SCPH1001" bios, but I still can't run any games from original playstation discs, I have tried using different ones to see if a specific disc might be the problem, but the result is always the same, there is just a black screen. I read somewhere that I would need DirectX to fix that, but that didn't help either. I have looked at the troubleshooting and other stickies, and the help topic on the main site, but I still can't find an answer. Could someone help me find a solution?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
post your system specs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a windows vista, a gateway. The processor is AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2-CPUs), ~2.0GHz.

I am not sure about the rest, could you also please tell me what other information I need and where to find them?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
that should be fine for now, but if you could post what video card you have that might come in handy if its needed later on. to see this go start search>type in "device manager" without the quotes and open the executable when it appears on the list. once that is done find the branch in the menu tree that says "display adapters" and expand it to make it show what you are using.

edit- btw you mentioned earlier that you were running the games from their discs, what CDR plugin are you using and have you tried making images of the discs and running off them instead?

you might also want to install the utility that is linked to below, as it corrects problems certain AMD dual core cpus have with some programs (one of them being epsxe).

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/DCO_1.1.4.zip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, ok. I believe my video card is a ATI Radeon X1270.

The CDR plugin is Pete'sOpenGL2 Driver 2.9, and I suppose I could make images of the discs, (That is just doing the "dumping Bios" thing right?) but isn't it supposed to be able to run directly from the disc? because that seems like it would be a lot easier to do.

And I installed that utility you posted, that doesn't seem to have helped yet

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no, thats a GPU Plugin.
a CDR plugin emulates the PSX CD Bay.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
oh, ok. I believe my video card is a ATI Radeon X1270.

The CDR plugin is Pete'sOpenGL2 Driver 2.9, and I suppose I could make images of the discs, (That is just doing the "dumping Bios" thing right?) but isn't it supposed to be able to run directly from the disc? because that seems like it would be a lot easier to do.

And I installed that utility you posted, that doesn't seem to have helped yet
that particular utility fixes performance problems with epsxe, i posted the link ahead of time so you wont run into those problems when you get the emulator working.

games can be run directly from the disc or from an image of it. dumping the console BIOS and making a game disc image are two different things, and the process is actually quite simple for images.

generally, its better to play from an image because if you play from the disc you could get stuttering while your cd/dvd drive is being read from, this does not occur with images. the link below shows how to create one-

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Squall-Leonhart: oops, I'm sorry, I must have been looking at my Video plugin. My CDR plugin is ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2, and I tried the other one that I have that is ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2, and when I clicked on "configure" I got the error message "Error loading WNASPI32.DLL"

@ jonc2006: Oh, that explains why it hasn't helped yet. and thank you for telling me that dumping BIOS and making images are different. So would any of the tutorials on that link you gave me work?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
they would indeed show you how to make an image correctly. as far as it actually working though, it depends. this is actually something i suggest for troubleshooting problems like this, as testing both possible methods as it can often point out if the problem being system/hardware related or plugin related.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think I found out what the problem is. My computer doesn't recognize PS discs, because I tried a few of those tutorials you gave a link to and in both programs it said that no CD was inserted.

Does anyone know how to or if there is a way to get my computer to recognize PS CD's?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Try updating the firmware on the drive, if that doesn't work you'll need a new(er) drive.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
go to the website of the manufacturer and check any tech support or download links they may have for updates.

you can also try looking around in the link below. make sure you follow any and all instructions to the letter, as a botched firmware update can really backfire.
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38756

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ha, its generally easy to fix a botched firmware update, only problem is you need to do it outside of windows.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i should have worded my post a bit better, what i ment was that considering he didnt know how to do what you suggested, if something was to go wrong then his lack of experience could make correcting it on his own difficult so its critical that he follows any instructions as close as he can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts