Next Generation Emulation banner

What do you think of more than two multiplayer support ?

• It's Great !

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Worth considering

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • [ I don't have enough friends :( ]

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Nahh

Votes: 7 24.1%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find anything like a wishlist or something for the new emulator so I decided to start one.
Here goes;
I heard that the new version will have savestate editor (That'll be cool ;)
What I want is a more than two player support. I mean three or four people playing a same game like Smackdown2.
I am adding a poll for this idea and I want to see what other people want in it. Thanks .

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Syed Fawad

Hey that was my idea :D
BTW I didn´t think never about a savestate editor, maybe someway to do a smaller savestate, you know that 1.xx megas is too big, maybe to 800 k or something?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd just like to see more games being compatable, working fully with no bugs in it, to be able to play a whole game all the way through it, with out stuffing up. I know it may be a tuff ask, but what's the use in having a Emulator if you can't play the whole game.

I really like this PSX Emulator, it's easily the best PSX one i have seen, but i just wish the games didn't have so many bugs in them, that causes them to crash, that's my opinion anyway.:eyes:

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Though the idea is good, but how can more then two players can play on a PC. There are two players one on keyboard and other rocks the joypad. So the third one would dance between the two and the fourth one will simply ruin the whole game...........lol...........just kidding..........the idea is worth considering..........!

Ali

·
5,797 Posts
what is the talking about modems have to see whit the thread?:confused: ?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Modems?:confused:

Ok coming back to main topic I think idea is good but there arent many multiplayer games(good ones i mean) and I dont have many friends interested in epsxe;)

Neway suppose if 4 players are playing,then one will be playing from main keyboard other from numpad,one from game pad and fourth one? Oh he will use mouse I guess ;)

·
5,797 Posts
OHH i KNOW i KNOW !!!!!!!!!!

A direct Pad tata there is the fourth player

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I totally agree that epsxe should have a 4-controller option.

I think there are probably more 4 player games than you might think:

Numerous soccer and basketball games,
track and field is thoroughly enjoyable in 4 player mode.
super bomberman (or is it 'bomber man world'?)
i think wu-tang is 4 player
wrestling games..
doubles tennis games
that game where you pick up rocks and throw them at each other.. (can't remember the name)

see there are loads ;)

As for other options...

How about not having to always close epsxe and then re-open it whenever you change options?

or

being able to mouse-drag windows to change their sizes?
(i'm not sure if this is a GPU issue..)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Syed Fawad
ePSXecutor already has a savestate editor.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Ali
Though the idea is good, but how can more then two players can play on a PC.
Ali
If you own 4 sidewinder pads you can link then together for 4 players (I did this once for a game of fifa with my mates.

Alternatively you can have more than 1 usb pad on a pc. In fact in theory you could have more than 100 players using this method.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: Re: New epsxe should have..................

Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA
maybe someway to do a smaller savestate, you know that 1.xx megas is too big, maybe to 800 k or something?
How I missed this one? ;)

Decreasing the size of save states will surely help me(These days I am downloading a lot of stuff ;) )

Ok, talking about save states adripsx save states can be compressed to 600-700 kb so it can be done with epsxe as well.May be a save state conversion tool for various emulators may also come out in future.

Neway I would be happy if it can be decreased slightly to atleast fit in my good old floppy disks.:D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well one thing that should be considered when Implementing this feature in the upcoming release of epsxe, is that when there are more then two players the gameplay speed will decrease. Well not on systems obove 1ghz, but below this will suffer a loss of frames per second......!

Ali

·
Registered
680 Posts
my idea:

- DE 5.1 support
- Compatibility database
- Web browser
- DVD player
- MP3 conversion tool (so you can rip PSX musics)
- Winamp Plugin
- Video capture, record your gameplay on the fly!
- CD Burner (burn those mp3s to audio cds baby!)
- play PS2 demos
- Live! and Aureal 3.0 support
- Calculator
- Hex Editor
- Word processor
- Media Player
- Weather program
- Messenger
- and maybe a world domination ;)

- Halleluyah!!!!!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by 404
my idea:

- DE 5.1 support
- Compatibility database
- Web browser
- DVD player
- MP3 conversion tool (so you can rip PSX musics)
- Winamp Plugin
- Video capture, record your gameplay on the fly!
- CD Burner (burn those mp3s to audio cds baby!)
- play PS2 demos
- Live! and Aureal 3.0 support
- Calculator
- Hex Editor
- Word processor
- Media Player
- Weather program
- Messenger
- and maybe a world domination ;)

- Halleluyah!!!!!
I'd say world domination should come first, above everything else, even better compatibility should be sacrificed for world domination ;)

OK, seriously... one thing that would be kind of cool is Netplay that supports more than 2 players... I think this is a more feasible solution to cramming everybody in front of the computer and having keyboard conflicts all over the place ;)

.... which is why Evil Squall talked about modems.... that's my guess.

·
5,797 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New epsxe should have..................

Originally posted by prafull

Ok, talking about save states adripsx save states can be compressed to 600-700 kb so it can be done with epsxe as well.May be a save state conversion tool for various emulators may also come out in future.
A savestate editor, Well prafull seem to explain that better than me but the change to can play aripsx sstates in epsxe and viceverse could be a great idea you know like memcard editor , and raziel this is what I mean by savestate editor :p

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The OS can support well over 4 controllers, but it's best if all controllers being used are the same (this will prevent conflicts), and with the advent of USB, it kinda makes implementing this idea fairly easy...in concept, but we all know that's not the way it is, and some is going to end up with the keyboard.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey I want to change the poll to make it more appropriate but I can't. Instead of voting about controllers I want to put there features that may be included in the new epsxe. How can i do that?:confused:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts