Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahhh!!! someone tell me whats going on... so far it looks like my emulator only plays copied games... well to tell you the truth ive only tried two games... tekken 3 works fine (except theres no music... hmmm...) but the game i reallly want to play on my computer is Grand Tourismo 2... does that game just not work or am i doing something wrong???

if you can help please respond asap. thanks

"i love emulation..." -me

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
aren't we quite prdictable guys?

just 1 or 2 word differences between each one of our questions :)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
ah, aren't we TOO helpful or not? ;)

anyway, the only emulator that has problems with backup CDs is VGS, if i'm not mistaken. Now GT2 works in it, as well as ePSXe.

Now probably the reason why it isn't working is because:

1. it's a bum disc.

2. it's badly scratched

3. Somehow, your reader doesn't like certain kinds of CD-Rs.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Now you tell me the name of that GOD DAMN emulator.........huhuh.......lols

Ali

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
If you're using epsxe, GT2 needs "Enable Accurate Timing" to be on in order to work.

btw, I don't know if you wanna tell us, but it would be useful to know which emu you're using.

S

·
0 Posts
yes, telling us the emu you're using is very important as each of the different emus have different quirks and requirements to get games to run properly. Once you tell us the emu you're using and also the plugins and your system config would be very very helpful also, then we will be in a much better position to assist you.
Ali, please dont use the term "GOD DAMN" again. That is swearing and it is not at all necessary. Many people may or may not find it offensive. I, myself, DO find it offensive.:( So please, not again, okay? Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Ali, please dont use the term "GOD DAMN" again. That is swearing and it is not at all necessary. Many people may or may not find it offensive. I, myself, DO find it offensive.:( So please, not again, okay? Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
You will not hear it from me again.........I promise.........!

Ali

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry

sorry guys i had problems with the boards and i never replyed... here is what i was gonna say:

1) yes i am using epsx
2) im using the following plugins
*video: pete's openGl driver 1.53
*sound: pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.10
*cdRom: TSG MSCDEX Driver 1.2
3) My computer consists of:
1.3 ghz athlon
geForce 3
512 mb ddr ram
(i think it can handle the emulator pretty well... dont you?)

again sorry for not replying... but know i have another mini problem... i cant get music to run from the cd... like when i play tekken 3 theres no background music... and when i play megaman legends there is no narrative... you guys think its just my cd rom? or is it something with the sound drivers?

thanks

krillin

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
For gt2, enable "Accurate cdrom Timing" in the cd config. I would also advise you to try ePSXe ASPI core(the internal cd plugin), which for me works better than TSG's. Try also Eternal SPU. It's really good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the thing is none of the games work without that TSG plugin (the one for the cd) its cause of my cd rom... something about not supporting RAW something or other... as for Eternal SPU? what plugin is that? is it a sound plugin? (sorry im very new to this...)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by krillin52
the thing is none of the games work without that TSG plugin (the one for the cd) its cause of my cd rom... something about not supporting RAW something or other... as for Eternal SPU? what plugin is that? is it a sound plugin? (sorry im very new to this...)
My advice,
Use pete's plugins for graphics and cdrom.
There are a lot of sound plugins,some working well with some games while some with others.
And yes eternal spu is a sound plugin.
*Your computer is capable of giving very good emulation performances*

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Try disabling or enabling DMA on your cd rom drive and see if it works with the internal cd rom pluggin and others besides the TSG cd rom pluggin.. Some cd rom drives have problems reading psx games with DMA enabled.. I use the internal spu pluggin for GT2.. The other spu's give me very low music volume in this game.. I can only hear the cars engines.. Barely hear music..

A cd rom driver update or a firmware update may fix your cd rom drive problems as well..

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Meybe updating your ASPI layer with ForceASPI

1 - 20 of 28 Posts