Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the game loads and shows the first loading screen, their are a bunch of colors there that shouldnt be. the menu still shows up correctly and the loading screens after it. i would post a screenshot showing what i mean but i apparently cant find out how.
but here is the config for the plugin and my system specs are in the signature

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.56
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (CPQ)

Resolution/Color:
- 320x240 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
> when the game loads and shows the first loading screen, their are a bunch of colors there that shouldnt be. the menu still shows up correctly and the loading screens after it. i would post a screenshot showing what i mean but i apparently cant find out how.

Just press F8 (assuming you have a subdirectory called snap in your ePSXe directory) or use any other regular screenshot program. Convert it to a .jpg, and upload it. Is this happening in a particular game or games?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok here's the screen shot of it. also i have not found this type of problem in my other games but i am still testing them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Off topic but I would like to ask bahamut_2006 what kind of FPS do you get in most 3D games with those settings using the integrated trident video? I have the same chipset and was considering trying out the trident with either petes soft or low res petes D3D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well..

the fps in 3d games is terrible (for example the fps i get on driver 2 is around 30) with pete's d3d (on lowest settings) so i would use his soft. plugin with the lowest settings. even then the fps sometimes is terrible.(i usually use pete's software plugin with the absolute lowest settings.)fortunatly i also have a ps1 so i aint stuck having to use this piece of junk. :) On another note, i have not found out a way yet to get around the messed up screen
EDIT:Whoever, the p.e.op.s plugin is even slower so i would stick with the geforce 2. prafull,i already have unfiltered framebuffer updates on but thanks for suggesting it

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I posted a new thread yesterday about these plugins (but I deleted it accidently).
Ok this is perhaps some sort of new feature or problem in pete's gpu plugin coz its happening in majority of my games.
Anyway enabling unfiltered framebuffer updates solves this problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont notice any difference in mdec quality having it on or off (i always have it on cause it makes mdecs faster)

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Ok,just tested the plugin again.
There are two problems/changes .
The one I told about mdec messes up some mdecs and the other one bahamut is referring to messes up the menu screens.Enabling accurate cd rom timing solves mdec problem (strange but this was not required in pete's older plugins).
Here is what bahamut is referring to.
Take a look at that konami screen.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
In fact I just tested 1.56 b and it fixes both these problems.

So anyone who downloaded 1.56 should download 1.56b coz that version had a bug as described in this thread.

Thanks pete for early solution.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep..it works great now thanks pete for the quick fix.also this is off topic but Whoever, with this new release the fps in 3d games is considerably better for me, so if you still want to use the integrated trident card (i'd just use the geforce 2) use these settings

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.56
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (CPQ)

Resolution/Color:
- 320x200 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: off
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.