Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are all dolphins after r3364 not compatible with Metroid Prime 3? Now, I could maybe understand it if metroid 3 was the only game, but it is not the only game. Why make new versions of dolphin if they are slower and less compatible with games. This is depressing.

Now, can someone please tell me that new versions after 3950 will become faster and compatible again? at least tell me a lie so I can have something to look forward to :emb:

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
If you don't want to use the new versions of Dolphin, don't do it! Dolphin is progressing in different ways that you wouldn't understand

·
Registered
377 Posts
Why are all dolphins after r3364 not compatible with Metroid Prime 3? Now, I could maybe understand it if metroid 3 was the only game, but it is not the only game. Why make new versions of dolphin if they are slower and less compatible with games. This is depressing.

Now, can someone please tell me that new versions after 3950 will become faster and compatible again? at least tell me a lie so I can have something to look forward to :emb:
It looks like you are not aware, but revisions after/around 5100 are bound to be 40% more faster, as said by developers themselves.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also Mario Tennis wii/GC don't work in last revisions!! Wow I wait for that revision!!:p They sohuld have even more compatibility and less graphical issue and slowdown?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It looks like you are not aware, but revisions after/around 5100 are bound to be 40% more faster, as said by developers themselves.
I guess that's irony, else show some solid proof.

Also Mario Tennis wii/GC don't work in last revisions!! Wow I wait for that revision!!:p They sohuld have even more compatibility and less graphical issue and slowdown?
You really don't have the slightest idea of how software development works, don't you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
No I don't!! But for example they only could try to make dolphin faster without improve graphic!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't want to use the new versions of Dolphin, don't do it! Dolphin is progressing in different ways that you wouldn't understand
Seems to me development should improve one of 5 things: compatibility, speed, accuracy, program features/ease of program development, and glitches.

New dolphins don't seem to accomplish this. Every new version strips features, is slower, less accurate or compatible and more glitchy. Since any old Joe can make a build, this is what I think is happening, random people are making the builds, and thus why the builds have no clear direction.

Now if I am missing something please inform me of this.

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
Yes, you are missing the big picture here, Dolphin needs a lot of programming for make one single feature avaliable for the people. Before, Dolphin didn't have any sound and was less compatible, now you can play all favorite games at good speed and with sound, of course, you need a good gamming computer for that, if you use an ancient computer, you wouldnt play anything at good speed. Besides there isn't any other GC/WII emulator that match Dolphin so far, Dolphin is the best atm. I can play all my favorite games with full speed on new versions of Dolphin :p.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My system specs are Geforce 8800 OC videocard, 2.8ghz dual core proccesor, 3 gb ram and Vista Direct X 10. Now tell me that is enough to run a game like metroid prime 3, which runs at about 15-30 fps and freezes constantly. If thats not enough, then I dont know what is.

Also, what Im asking is, is dolphin ever gonna be compatible with metroid 3 again.

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
My system specs are Geforce 8800 OC videocard, 2.8ghz dual core proccesor, 3 gb ram and Vista Direct X 10. Now tell me that is enough to run a game like metroid prime 3, which runs at about 15-30 fps and freezes constantly. If thats not enough, then I dont know what is.

Also, what Im asking is, is dolphin ever gonna be compatible with metroid 3 again.
First of all, your computer aint that good. You need to overclock your processor to at least 3 ghz. Also your videocard (I also have a 8800) isn't that good, I mean it's already getting old. I'm planning to buy a new card whenever the DirectX 11 series come out.

That doesn't matter, maybe Metroid 3 is broken atm. But in the future only more and more games will work. You just have to deal with it, if you want to play Metroid 3 just go and download a older revision. Show some intelligence and don't *** around :drool:. I trust the team and with every step they make the compat list will grow eventuelly. So please stop the whinin' :???:.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would adding 0.2 ghz to my proccesor make any difference? And I don't appreciate the rude attitude of this forum, calling me dumb every chance they get. Probably will be my last post here, this forum hasnt been helpful anyway.

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
honestly, people who know jack about emulation and even less on how stuff works really should be quiet. emulation is tricky hands down, and to get just 1 game to run is hard enough, if a game wont run, go buy the gamecube/wii and the game and play it, an emulator should not be a substitute to play a game you do not own.

if you hate how it runs, again do what i already suggested. its hard enough just coding it in general but to come in here to cry about something not performing to your standards is just wrong in my opinion. yea tell them any bugs you have but complaining wont help no one and it irritates the devs and others in general.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Why would adding 0.2 ghz to my proccesor make any difference? And I don't appreciate the rude attitude of this forum, calling me dumb every chance they get. Probably will be my last post here, this forum hasnt been helpful anyway.
You try to discuss something that you don't have the slightest idea about (software development) and still want to get respected? First learn to talk about what you know, or avoid criticizing what you can't grasp in even it's simpler expression (feature development, testing and fixing on a source control system). You're only getting what you give, which as of now is disrespect to the developers.

(...) How come the new 1's arent working?? This is some bull**** going on
Emulator development works that way, you should learn that first, before trying to act smart by commenting on stuff you ignore.

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Well you're free to leave whenever you want. I said at least 0.2 ghz. I overclocked my cpu from 2.4 to 3.6 ghz. Now I can run many games full speed or around full speed.
Well if you don't make stupid comments about emulation and stuff you don't know a thing about than we won't have to be rude. Just be patience, it takes years to get a 100% working emulator. If you can't wait for that go play on a real gamecube or wii.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.