Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Great, thanks for the information Raziel. Now these look like something to write home about. Let's hope that Nvidia release them soon.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
I did a little more checking and found out that even though they are intended for GEForce 3 card, GEForce 2 owners can expect a small boost as well. This sounds great, I can hardly wait.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,a 10% boost is always warmly welcomed here(even if GeForce 3 users should get something like a 30% boost:eek: )

But all this makes me wonder on the numerous leaks,I think that nVidia purposedly leaked drivers,how come no one never heard of these drivers? They haven't been leaked!
nVidia knows how to keep drivers secret,so if some are leaked it's because they don't really care about it(they had something better in stock so.....).

·
Registered
775 Posts
Guys I'm kind of new into this detonator stuff, so what is it and what does it really do?
Plus which graphic cards do you need to use this detonator?

S

·
0 Posts
But these Detonators, vers. 20.80 will work best w/GEForce cards.
They promise a small boost for GEForce 2 cards and a larger one for GEZForce 3 cards (which they are really intended for). Plus, something new. OGL 1.3! These drivers will provide that. I can hardly wait.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
I really don't think it will. But I can't say for sure. I know it will w/GEForce card because they work well w/OGL. TNT2s are older cards so I'm not to sure how well it would work w/them. Sorry.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Are the detonator drivers only updated officially when it changes from detonator2 to detonator 3 etc., or are there mini versions in between that are also official like 12.40 and 12.80?

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Oh, and when installing new detonator drivers, do you guys usually uninstall the old ones and reboot in the basic color scheme thing before installing the new detonators, or do you just install right over the old ones?

thanx

S

·
0 Posts
The Detonator drivers are updated officially between versions as well. For example, 1241 drivers are offical, 6.41 are offical, etc.
When I install new Detonators, I just install over top of the old ones. So far I have never encountered any problems.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well,it seems the new ATI card really frightened nVidia,cause they lied to Anandtech,the new drivers will only be released during september.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Update from the CAD :

"There was some confusion with the driver release date. The Detonator 4 drivers were not intended to be released this week. The original release date for the Detonator 4 drivers was going to be sometime in September however our engineers have been working hard to accelerate the release date sooner. In addition, we are providing further tweaks to improve on the performance over what has been benchmarked already. It won’t be to much longer for the release of the Detonator 4 drivers. "

straight from nVidia

Guess we'll have 2 wait ...

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
yes whats with nvidia?
ATI releases a preview of their new card and all of a sudden nvidia producers new drivers that give a supposed 30% increase,in what?
According to tomshardware.com the 30% increase is in the 3d2001 fill rate and Q3 demo_Other games like giants experiance upto a 28% loss in performance,is this because most of the people who have been given a preview version of the radeon8500 are gonna mainly use 3dmark2001 and Q3 to benchmark the card against the Geforce 3?
Oh well,I hope it does give a 30% increase in performance for the Gforce cards but the timing of this is all a bit suspicious to me it sound like nvidia have done whatever they can to rubbish the new radeon preview.
Im not against nvidia really,just their tactics.
I will buy a Geforce 3 when the price drops if its better than the new radeon because I try to buy the best hardware at the best price (which is why I bought my radeon in the first place).
JAZ

S

·
0 Posts
Nvidia has delayed the release of the Detonator 4s because they are doing some work on D3D as well as the new OGL 1.3. I read about this over at www.m3dzone.com Go on over there and give it a read too, if you're interested. BTW the new drivers will not be called 20.80, they are going to be one number higher. This comes from Nvidia.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 16 of 16 Posts