Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, well i am new in this form and well im a big gamer... the thing is that well i been trying to play pcsx2 on my computer and well i have a pretty good computer, it has always played all my games in max graphics and max speed, but i was shocked when i saw that the pcsx2 did not play smooth on my pc which i was sure it was going to play it for sure... So i was wondering, i only buy AMD processors and thats that, right now i have a phenom 9550 quad core processor, is this not enough for this pcsx? ill put all the specs of my machine here and u guys let me know if i do need a new processor, what is my best AMD bet that it will run everything i through at it?

processor:
AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory:
6144MB RAM

Hard Drive:
2 TB Total

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Monitor:
Philips 105S (105S2)

Sound Card:
SPDIF Out (Creative SB X-Fi)

Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Motherboard:
XFX 790i

I would like to know if i need a processor upgrade for this PCSX2 and if i do, what is the best one for AM2+ slot? that can handle this beast? Thank YOu in advance

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Try OC'ing your CPU to 3Ghz or near. I don't know how successful that can be with your processor, but ~3Ghz is a nice point for PCSX2.

Also, keep in mind that the emulator currently uses only two cores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
So Ur Telling me thats the best i can get, will this be enough for the PCSX2 To run with?
A lot of games run at full speed for me at stock (3.2GHz) speeds. In the event that a game doesn't run at full speed, I just turn on some speedhacks, OC, or both. The CPU I pointed out OCs about as well as the one I have, so 3.6GHz 100% stable is very easy to achieve. Just set the multiplier to 18x.

Oops. Looks like I forgot that AM3 CPUs work in AM2+ motherboards. I was thinking it was the other way around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops. Looks like I forgot that AM3 CPUs work in AM2+ motherboards. I was thinking it was the other way around.[/QUOTE]

So if AM3 processor work with AM2+ motherboards, thats great news... now which one could get my max game in playing in PCsx2?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
The fastest one. :/

If you plan to upgrade your motherboard to one that supports socket AM3 later on, then buy an AM3 CPU.

The only other thing to consider is price. If price doesn't matter, then get the 965.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
So i was wondering, i only buy AMD processors and thats that, right now i have a phenom 9550 quad core processor, is this not enough for this pcsx?
Nope.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Repost, I know... but that's the only one you can get (a.k.a. the best one you can get) that has a chance at PCSX2.

And no, that's still not enough to max PCSX2. If you want to max PCSX2, you need to do a system overhaul and get an Intel CPU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.