Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on buying an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ clocked at 3.1GHz as well as 2GB of DDR2 ram. the new motherboard i'm getting also has built in graphics with 256MB ram (it's a GeForce 8300). if that doesn't do it, i have my current graphics card that i can use (EVGA 8600GT). i only want pcsx2 so i can play budokai 1 and 2, so will that hardware combination run them well enough so they can be played?

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you. all i was looking for was some explanation. as far as punishing my wallet goes, i don't think i can push it any further, but i'll see what i can find. there's probably some good deals out there. what speed would be good for a C2D?

· MEGALOLZ!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that CPU definitely caught my attention. the only thing is that i have no idea how to overclock and i've heard horror stories about people who have tried, which makes me unsure about whether i'd want to try or not. also, does that motherboard have an IDE port? my hard drive(s) and cd drive plug in through that. as far as overclocking goes (for both the CPU and memory), would i be able to find utilities or tutorials for it? i'm skeptical even at the thought of overclocking, but if i do decide to go that way, i don't want to fry my system.

also, one somewhat off topic question. when installing a CPU fan, do you need thermal paste to attach it like glue? my friend who recently built a gaming rig used some, but he said only for heat dissipation and not for adhesive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.