Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Very very interesting. It does seem legitamit, but they have no information on how to order it or what it costs. Also, why hasn't there been mention of this emulator berfore:confused: ? You would think that Bobbi, or CD, or somene would have heard something about it. Until more is known about availability and price and ordering, I would say just sit tight and watch and wait.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OVER 3000 games! It requires Dx8 :mad: , seems that it runs games like VGS, software rendering :( . Anyways, if it isn't fake, then we have a new option!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Howly Smokes.....................:eek:

A new commercial PSX emu YEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

It is so good to see that the emulation community is expanding and expanding and expanding.................

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Where are any screenshots, though? That's an odd way to sell the emulator...the lack of prices is also odd. Perhaps the latter is only on the English version?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Very very interesting. It does seem legitamit, but they have no information on how to order it or what it costs. Also, why hasn't there been mention of this emulator berfore:confused: ? You would think that Bobbi, or CD, or somene would have heard something about it. Until more is known about availability and price and ordering, I would say just sit tight and watch and wait.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
i believe this one was mentioned on the old boards once. we kinda put it down as a vgs hack, but who knows..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I was just thinking that if this new company wants to make some of it's users then it would have to give us some demonstration.I mean that there must be some sort of Demo through which we can judge the performance of this new commercial emu.

I will not buy this emu if I don't have any proof of it's work and compatability.

When Bleem was released I checked it'd demo and it was like a Dream come true.................!

The when I checked the Demo of VGS ,the dream of compatability came true.............................:eek:

After checking those demos I bought the real thing.....

Now I want to know that what special feature will this emu will give to all of us.

80 percent compatability (As they say)
D3D Graphics (As they donot say)
Variable Resolution Adjustment (They also donot say that)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............................

My post got a big long sorry for that.............:D

But after reading all this crap,I think all of ya out there must agree with me......:p

ALI
M.L.A

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I figured I'd post a bit of translation from the Chinese site:

- It says version 1 was released since November 2000 and that it is currently available at retail stores nation-wide (in Taiwan I guess)

- version 2 "will" be available at the end of Feb 2001... :rolleyes:
- with more advanced UI and even better compatibility (!?)

- to liquidate version 1, it now comes with a USB controller (limited quantity)

- version 1 owners will get free upgrade to version 2, "please contact our service department for details"

I don't know guys. I'm gonna run down to some import stores this weekend and see...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
OK... I did some searching on the net, and found these info (it was all in Chinese, so I don't care to link):

apparently there is indeed such a product for sale in TW.

big discussions had been going on rather this product is a variation of VGS. some website has obtained a copy and done some extensive experiments, comparing to VGS, and concluded that "SWG is a VGS with modified UI" and saying "don't buy it" etc etc.

:confused:

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well if it has dual shocks and some other features then we must think ...................

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok it may be a cheap rip off but maybe they will continue to develop it ...

Maybe....

Then again probably not if all they did is change the gui.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I changed my plans
I will not buy it

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hehe, there's no better way to say it:
Someone set up us the bomb!
hehehe

But really, this could be one of the biggest scams in emulation history.

some of the cool stunts they pulled off:
- professionally done packaging, imo even better than that of the VGS!
- they managed to get big retail stores in Taiwan to carry it! Not to mention one of the bigger online stores there.
- they put a frontpage ad on one of the biggest gaming magazine in TW
- they officially denied the acusation and even gave lame excuses like "we referred to the effective VGS interface when we designed ours", isn't that great?
- and of course, they did manage to sell, that's all that counts

not so cool stunts:
- of all the modifications they made, they practically left the controller setup screen untouched from that of the VGS. Probably the most convincing evidence for suspicion immediately.
- claimed compatibility with WinNT/2k. Maybe they just thought no one will try it anyways? this became a popular excuse for unfortunate ones to return the product for refunds.
- bogus version 2 announcement. yeah, like we believed that...

I would suggest PSXemu to open a section for it :) Maybe under a new subsection called Scam
I mean that could potentially help innocent ppl... just think where all the returned products would go, if not the dumpster. It's also quite a significant incident in PSX emu history.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Though my memory is a bit foggy, I seem to recall that "Softkey" was the name of the company that once distributed a utility for Windows that was supposed to double your memory (sort of like Connectix's (in)famous Ram Doubler). Ram Charger? Ram-something, I think.

Anywho, the name isn't important. What is was the fact that the program was nothing short of bogus. It would run and inform you that you had ever so much more RAM to work with. A quick check of various Windows utlities displayed the truth, however, as there was no change whatsoever to your system. A classaction suit followed and quite a few people got the purchace price refunded (myself incliuded), but not the full amount paid.

Likewise, when I saw the creators of this fantastic new emulator, I couldn't help but to take it with a grain of salt. Apparently my feelings were justified.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well, considering some other guy made a gui for vgs and aldo has all these patches / plugins that it wasnt even designed for (heck they didnt even know about games.txt when aldo emailed em about it), it would seem to me that their programming isnt all that secure to begin with.
if some lame person figures "hey, why dont i try to make money by ripping off this software" whats to stop them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts