Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've put together a first release of CDRMooby. It supports bin/cue cd images right now, but I don't have much time to maintain it. I would like to open source the plugin, but only if people are really interested in working on it. Anyway, it works with FPSE and all the PSEmu style emulators, but this release is relatively untested so use it at your own risk.

enjoy
mooby

http://www.themeat.org/cdrmooby/cdrmooby.zip

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My guess is PCSX doesn't do a good job remembering what directory it's running from. The temporary fix to this is to copy and run your cd images from whatever directory PCSX.EXE is in (it worked fine for me once i did that). I'll let them know about the problem.

thanks
mooby

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure keith - you can use the post as is. i I took down the copy of the plugin from the forums here cause i made some changes to it. The one on my site is updated with a small fix (wouldn't open all images) and an updated readme with notes on PCSX - you can mirror that one.

thanks
mooby

G

·
Good job Mooby. The more CD plugins the merrier. I'll give it a good testing also and see what it can do. Gongratulations.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Thanks mooby for mentioning my name (just saw it on psxfanatics.com main page).
Your plugin is working ok with most of the games that I have in cue,bin format and that pcsx problem is also solved.I hope to see a new version soon with increased support (I use clone cd).

Ryu,
Keeping in mind its only the first release the plugin works very well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks all for the support =) i'm working on a source code release soon - I have alot to reorganize (so that I don't look like a total slob), but look for it in the next few days. maybe then someone can port it to linux for me ;) also, i'm gonna sketch out some goals for the project including support for other cd image formats and more. i'll let you know when it's all ready

later
mooby

·
Registered
285 Posts
Great job Mooby, i just tried your cdr plugin quickly with a .cue of Parasite Eve 2 with psinex and winXP Pro. It worked great! i'll play around with it some more, but for now just wanted to try it out. so far so good!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
true keith. ryu - first, make sure you're using the version from my web site. if you're using a cue sheet, make sure it points to a file that really exists. if it says "d:\cds\moo.bin" and the bin file is in d:\moo\cds\ it will surely break. to save some trouble, edit the cuesheet to just say "moo.bin" as long as the cue and bin files are in the same directory then everything should work fine... of course, you should also check to make sure your image has no errors in it.

if the problem continues just post a flame and i'll get around to fixing it some other time

·
I'm dangerous
550 Posts
Originally posted by mooby
true keith. ryu - first, make sure you're using the version from my web site. if you're using a cue sheet, make sure it points to a file that really exists. if it says "d:\cds\moo.bin" and the bin file is in d:\moo\cds\ it will surely break. to save some trouble, edit the cuesheet to just say "moo.bin" as long as the cue and bin files are in the same directory then everything should work fine... of course, you should also check to make sure your image has no errors in it.

if the problem continues just post a flame and i'll get around to fixing it some other time

Don't get it yet...
why don't you make some simple plugins like "click and play"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ryu, can you give me some better information than

>it say something like "Where the file is..."

what emu are you using? what plugins and settings are you using? what exactly is the error message you get and when does it appear? what program did you use to make the cd image and what settings did you use with it? cdmooby is about as dumb as it can be - pick a file and it runs is as close to "click and play" as you can get...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.