Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Damn man... This brings back memories, from Sega Rally I on the arcades.. There was a guy around here, his nickname was Andy, this guy was a real legend on Sega Rally. Dammit., Good old times ! yeah, I'm drunk, sorry :lol:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Link: Sega Rally 3: Hands-on impressions « Arcade Heroes

It's apparantly similar to Sega Rally (Revo), but changed on several aspects. Because there's lots of arcades in the Netherlands (*sarcasm*), I've never seen one.
I don't know whether to thank you or get mad at you! :evil: Showing me a kickass game I'll likely never get to play in the arcade! :( Granted I have Sega Rally Revo, but I :wub: arcade racing games.

You Bleem loving meanie! :evil: :p J/K

The game looks great, too bad they (the team) were "stolen" by Code Breakers.... :(

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, they were saved by CodeMasters.
Sega closed the studio, Codies took 'em in.

and uh, don't talk down on CodeMasters - at least their racing games are still enjoyable (unlike EA Blackbox's recent efforts) ;)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
actually, they were saved by CodeMasters.
Sega closed the studio, Codies took 'em in.

and uh, don't talk down on CodeMasters - at least their racing games are still enjoyable (unlike EA Blackbox's recent efforts) ;)
Hey I like Neeed for Speed Undercover *online* even though people don't like playing me on it... :evil:

Which is better than FlatOut 2 where they kicked me off the server because I was a poor driver! :cry: :(

Yeah CodeMaster's games Rock, but damn, Sega killing it's racing team, oO , what else did they do that was good sans racing? I guess Sonic Unleashed is ok, but the Werehog idea was stupid, if they just kept the rest of the game, that would have been close to perfect!

:wub:

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually if they'd just replaced the werehog with Knuckles and called the game "Sonic & Knuckles 2" , they probably would've had a winner... but if there's one company I've seen making the oddest decisions, it'll have to be Sega. Same with closing this studio after just one game.

·
Oilslime
77 Posts
what else did they do that was good sans racing?
They made some very nice consoles & controllers. I really liked the whole VMU thing. Too bad Sony never gave americans their cheap knock-off equivalent. I really wanted to use it for FFVIII :mad:

I had always hoped that when Sega died that the hardware engineers would end up being grabbed by Nintendo. Instead all we got was a bunch of low quality hedgehog games.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
They made some very nice consoles & controllers. I really liked the whole VMU thing. Too bad Sony never gave americans their cheap knock-off equivalent. I really wanted to use it for FFVIII :mad:

I had always hoped that when Sega died that the hardware engineers would end up being grabbed by Nintendo. Instead all we got was a bunch of low quality hedgehog games.
Hahahaha ! Indeed.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

I meant after the Deadcast...

Sorry for the Confusion.... Virtua Fighter 5 (360) sounds good though,,,

:evil:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
well yes... I have it. It's nice, but it doesn't seem to be a huge step up from VF4.
Hmm, Virtua Fighter 4, arguably the best 3D fighting game on the PS2, with 360 Graphics and Online support? What was the down side to that? :???:

Of course Tekken Tag was the best PS2 fighting game, :wub: but who's to argue with the masses...Soul Calibur 2 wasn't bad either... :thumb:

Plus how many "great" 3D fighting games are on the 360?

oO

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, Virtua Fighter 4, arguably the best 3D fighting game on the PS2, with 360 Graphics and Online support? What was the down side to that? :???:
nothing, really... except that it's just that :)
VF4 was leaps beyond 2 and 3, 5 is just the same.

Then again, we're truly in a console generation that's for the most part the previous one with the resolution doubled.

Plus how many "great" 3D fighting games are on the 360?

oO
VF5, DOA4, SC4, and there's another Tekken coming.
AFAIK that's only one game more than the PS3, and very similar to the previous console generation....

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Samor, I'll consider buying those fighting games down the line...

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.