Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's because , I've ate that on lunch today :p
It wasn't the worst I've ever eaten , but it was bad enough to enter the top ten list ;)

The restaurant was called something like "Wantcho Wok" (Actually I'm just sure of the "wok" thing :p )
There was no menu , but just some flashy pics with strange looking dishes , with some words on it like : 1) Vegeterian 2) Chicken combo , etc.

My father ate there before , and he told me he tried 1,2,5 (strangely he liked chinese food)
My mother and sister picked 2 , my father picked 5 . And I wanted to be the first one to pick 3 (Beef combo) :evil:

After I saw my food , I think it looked better (slightly better) in the pics :p
So , I ate food which kinda reminds me with macarony and meat (in shape not in taste)
It tasted like .. I don't know anything like that , I'll just say it was baaaad .

Now , I must say that my father was the only one to like it . And that -strangely- many guys in the place were liking it (Not chinese though !!)

I was glad they had Pepsi , as that was the only good thing ^_^

Btw , during the meal , I remembered something terrible . Weren't chinese the guys who like eating worms ?! (I remembered that during eating my macaroni :D )

A piece of advice : Unless you are a chinese guy or an adventurer don't go to a chinese restaurant ever . :)
Don't say , I didn't warn ya ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
The food served in chinese restaurants, at least here in Spain, has little to do with actual chinese food. That said, i must say i love it :) .

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I eat chinese 3-4 times a week. Sweet and Sour Chicken ($4.10), Steamed Rice ($1.30), and Fortune Cookies (8 for $1) are about all i get depending on how much money i have on me since i usually just use my school lunch money.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
The chinese restaurants here in portugal are really good i tell you. Very classy, the people are very friendly and the food is great. My favority is Sweet and Sour Pork (or something like that, its Pork with a very nice gravy)

·
Registered
608 Posts
(look at the title) seems like this thread has turned into a pro Chinese food thread ;), btw I eat Chinese food daily, at home.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I go out to Chinese restaurants all the time with my family. It's fantastic stuff.

Btw I think you're talking about silkworms no? They're not that bad. Not even the canned kind. I think they're silkworms anyway. They're some kind of worm. Unscrew the can, microwave for a minute or two, get a toothpick, unwind them from the shell, and pop in mouth. mmmm... I've forgotten what they taste like though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mmmhhhh.....chinese duck.....chinese shrimps.....delicious !!
Now I have to leave the PC in order to get something to eat...thanks very much !! :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Had Chinese for the Chrimbo eve evening meal. It's a tradition.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
cloud some chinese restaurants are run by chiefs that don't actuaily know how to cook, there was one restaurant in LA that I've once tried I ordered rice with pork, the rice tasted like water and the pork was actuaily soaked in sauces to hide it's actual taste (not how it's supposed to taste)

Technicaly I have at least one meal with Chinese food every day as I am chinese

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
Kung Pao, Moo Goo Gai Pan... damn I love Chinese food! Just thinking about it makes me drool.

I agree with Player-X... you probably just went to a bad restaraunt. Some taste better than others.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
theres good chinese food u jus have to kno where to go. if u see a chinese restaurant with a lot of asian ppl. its prob good.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
eggroll! :drool:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
aaahhh, I had general tsao's chicken today for lunch ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :) My favorite. Although I got it at the mall where they mass produce the stuff and you get it and the breading is kinda soggy. Best to go to a small place where they make the to go stuff right in front of you fresh.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Yeah I have a few favorite Chinese restaurants that I like to go to here in Vancouver Washington and across the river in Portland Oregon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts