Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda confused at the moment..just to network 2 cpus do you need a hub/router/something like that? i know they both need network cards (bit of a duh) but i also dont know if they have to be the exact same...so would different brands work together?
any help appreicated..

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
if you will network a 2 pc only then buy a direct cable. This one is less expensive and also you don't need a hub and a lan card

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thx..now if i can get that new cpu..lol

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sorry to post again but firegl what yout saying is i can network 2 cpus on a direct cable connection and also use internet connection sharing? actually id prefer using the cards cause i know what you can do with those..but do the cards have to be the same?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The cards don't need to be the same but to save on some cash you can ge a crossover cable to link them together without the need for a Hub.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok Direct cable connection should work as I used this method to link my 2 machine at one stage. Internet sharing should also work ok. The main glitch with this method is that this method is as slow as hell.

I now link my machines using a hubless phone network. These are special network cards that do not require a network hub or any special cables. These work using your home telephone wiring. You can still recieve/make telephone calls/surf the net whilst using this network too. With a speed of 10mps they are quick too.

Heres the link to the company that I got mine from:

www.linksys.com

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok..now would this be a good system for psx emulation?

Celeron 800 mhz
128mb ram
4*8*24 cd-rw
intel 3d chipset (video card)

also would it go faster than my current system? i mean yeah it will but will their be a big difference in speed?

current system:
AMD K6 2 500mhz
56mb ram
8*dvd-rom
trident mvp4

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The intel video card is a bad idea. You'd be better with a geforce 2 MX as a budjet card. Otherwise I'd say its ok.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i agree with betamax about the video

and yes, there will be a big difference in speed, mostly because of the RAM. frankly i do not know how you could manage with 56mb.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol..i dunno either but i can play most psx games i have on this $1600 pos (i got ripped off bad). as far as the video card on that new one (still dont know if i can even get it lol) i'll upgrade it sometime later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts