Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
Normally, intra-network access is password protected anyway, unless you explicitly allow Guests without passwords. That's assuming you have an NT class OS.

But no, I'm not helping you with cracking them. Sorry.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
That's assuming you have the admin password. If you had... you don't even need to go into safe mode. If you left the safe mode admin passwordless... well... sorry for you.

Of course, I could've misunderstood the question when you were in reality asking how to prevent others from using your pc for network access. If that's the case, I think you can opt not to create a connection for the said account. User accounts can't make their own.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Kraelis said:
That's assuming you have the admin password. If you had... you don't even need to go into safe mode. If you left the safe mode admin passwordless... well... sorry for you.

Of course, I could've misunderstood the question when you were in reality asking how to prevent others from using your pc for network access. If that's the case, I think you can opt not to create a connection for the said account. User accounts can't make their own.
I have yet to find a computer with a user that known how to set a admin password on XP. If this is the case use a windows 2000 cd to boot off of and change the admin password. easy.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
That's possible?

Oh fine... nothing short of encryption can ever really secure a system (software-wise) that's physically accessible anyway. :p

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
I started to put pass for admin after i saw how easy it was for someone to take over my system, local of course. Coz i used to travel a lot with my pc.

And theres around the net a bootable cd based on linux that allows u to change the pass from xp and 2k. just cant remember its name, very usefull if u "forgot" yours pass....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.